Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PCP & Modifying

I believe it is in the T & Cs as something like it should be put back to standard before handing the car back, anything left on the car becomes property of Ford, etc...

Might require permission for certain mods, I can't remember now.

On 5/9/2016 at 0:46 PM, alexp999 said:

I believe it is in the T & Cs as something like it should be put back to standard before handing the car back, anything left on the car becomes property of Ford, etc...

Might require permission for certain mods, I can't remember now.

Cheers mate, I don't plan on doing heavy mods anyway, only things I've done :

Gel Badges

Interior lighting

Wind Deflectors

Air Filter changed

Planning on new bulbs for front lights

They're all pretty easy stuff to take back off. Could sell the deflectors too.

I think it's only worth worrying about if you plan on going crazy, like new intercooler or a whole new exhaust system etc.

3 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

They're all pretty easy stuff to take back off. Could sell the deflectors too.

I think it's only worth worrying about if you plan on going crazy, like new intercooler or a whole new exhaust system etc.

Yeah that's what I thought Tom, not going to bother with anything like that. 

Yea I wouldn't worry too much then. If it's easy to take off then you should be fine, but always tell your insurance as well as your insurance can be void if you don't declare anything.

4 minutes ago, Tom-B64 said:

Yea I wouldn't worry too much then. If it's easy to take off then you should be fine, but always tell your insurance as well as your insurance can be void if you don't declare anything.

Even things like a stick on badge and lights inside...?

Bulb changes should be ok, but you should at least ask your insurance if they need to know about gel badges, deflectors, etc.

It really depends on your insurance. I'm with Aviva and they allow "common" accessories, like deflectors, mud flaps, etc.

Others like Admiral charge you a fortune for every little change, even factory fit options.

Just now, alexp999 said:

Bulb changes should be ok, but you should at least ask your insurance if they need to know about gel badges, deflectors, etc.

It really depends on your insurance. I'm with Aviva and they allow "common" accessories, like deflectors, mud flaps, etc.

Others like Admiral charge you a fortune for every little change, even factory fit options.

I'm with direct line, but cheers mate, I will give them a call on my lunch today. 

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Probably why admiral charged me a fifth of what I paid for my exhaust just to declare it... :mellow:

Do you know if you can change insurance groups easily?

Edit: Nothing is easy about insurance so ignore that part :laugh:

I got a quote from Aviva for my exhaust and they said no charge :D

I used to be with Admiral but quickly found it worked out much cheaper with other insurers who either don't charge you for mods, or are considerably cheaper with mods.

Best way to get a quote is to use online comparisons with no mods declared, then call up your preferred insurer to discuss adding the other bits on.

The automated quote system seems to charge loads for mods (or they won't quote at all).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club