Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VCM substitute?

ff2007

Hi everybody,

What do you guys use as a substitute of VCM that fully works with IDS?

Thanks!

I very much doubt there is a substitute that works with IDS, it's either a VCM 1 or 2 genuine or a clone, but the clones seem to only work with the medium speed can not the high speed can or at least my clone one does. Some clones are said to be better than others.

There is also another version of a VCM but not sure what they are like as I have not tried one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VXDIAG-VCX-NANO-Diagnostic-for-Ford-Mazda-2-in-1-with-IDS-V98-Better-Than-VCM-II-/311553869571?hash=item488a0ec703:g:zOoAAOSwWTRWzWsn

ive got the vcx nano and it works really well. ive not tried to reflash any software etc with it as cars running fine. but its fully functional with IDS and for £65 what i paid for it its been great value for money. 

2 hours ago, Typhoonf2 said:

ive got the vcx nano and it works really well. ive not tried to reflash any software etc with it as cars running fine. but its fully functional with IDS and for £65 what i paid for it its been great value for money. 

You say you've not tried flashing, but have you changed any settings or modules  or have you just used it for data logging?

hi. ive used it more for data logging and checking for DTC codes as i had changed most of the things on my car with focccus before i got the vcx nano.

Does the VCX nano read all modules on high and medium speed can bus?

I'm kinda interested in that myself, its £100 cheaper than a Cloned VCM2, if it does the same job then its well worth the investment

• Like 1

Any answer to our questions Typhoonf2?

hi. it reads all the modules in my car but i dont really know a lot about mid and hi speed canbus. i flashed my IPC before to try it doing a module went from BM5T-10849-BDD to BDJ worked with no problems.

Are you able to read the GEM module or RCM or PAM modules at all they are all on the MS can bus.

GEM = Generic electric module

RCM = restraints control module

PAM = Parking assistance module

In layman's terms fuse box under passenger side of the dash board, airbag system and reversing sensors control module.

These are the sort of systems that my cloned VCM 2 won't connect to hence why I asked the question, if it works I might buy one of those to replace my VCM.

If you can find out for me that would be great.

If anyone wants to donate a few quid ill take one for the team and run it through its paces! ;)

paypal.me/DarrenT82

I have a High Quality VCM clone. This is a 100% clone of the original VCM 2 interface and is fully compatible with the original Ford IDS software (except from the known 3-day trial exploit there is no need for cracked or modified software). .

My VCM 2 clone works very well. It fully supports all functions of the original VCM 2 interface including module reprogramming. I updated all supported modules of my Focus MK3 and reprogrammed the 150 HP 1.6 ECOboost of my parents to 182 HP using the original software without any problems. The clone can even be used for the (paid) service/update functions that are offered on the Ford Etis website

I am currentl;y running IDS Version 98.05 without any problems and currently I am testing to install Version 100.05.

I bought the High Quality VCM 2 clone about 5 months ago from the AliExpress website for just under €95,-.

A link to the clone you bought would be good please. Seems a bit hit or miss with sellers of the clones.

55 minutes ago, simcor said:

A link to the clone you bought would be good please. Seems a bit hit or miss with sellers of the clones.

I think the issue is that even with the same seller you might not get the same quality of device.  My FGTech Galletto 4 was brought from a reputable reseller, but I still needed to swap out a couple of relays and half a dozen caps. because that one just happned to have incorrect speced parts in it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club