Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nearly had a heart attack

JayG90

Yesterday me and the other half went on a travel anyway stopped by a dealership, so we went in after having food to have a look. Saw a nice car but was a little out of my price range. Said about a Fiesta. Anyway, spoke a few numbers but in my head they weren't adding up. It's for a 13k fiesta ST (knew nothing on the specs as they wouldn't tell me) only how many miles which I didn't like 13 plate at 28k miles - may sound appealing to some but I would clear 20k miles in a year. Anyway they wanted 500 a month off me. Thought to myself that's not right. Worked out they wanted around 15k in interest on a 5 year HP. 

I certainly won't be going back there but this is the second time I've had 1. Rude customer service 2. Not knowing their figures 3. Knowing nothing about the cars.

I won't mention any names case they are on here but they don't seem to want to know you unless you've got the money to purchase whatever number they send your way which I'm not going to do. Unless the figures are right I won't touch it. 

• Like 1

thats £30K across 5 years :O. Brand new fiesta ST starts at £17k so you'd be paying double the price, that's ridiculous

I have my fiesta zetec on HP Finance with a local dealer and I'm paying £227 a month for 4 years and thats literally just to pay off the remaining price of my car after dealer discount and contribution as well as part exchange with virtually no interest added.

Definitely sounds like they were trying to rip you off, steer well clear. Sad thing is someone will fall for it and end up buying it with nearly 100% interest added on top

• Like 2

Jesus. £500 a month for a 3 year old fiesta? Are you having a laugh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at a PCP deal.....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

You could also approach a bank for a loan and buy it that way. Some very low rates out there these days for personal loans and you won't have the garage financier securing the debt against the car either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly what I thought 500 a month his face dropped when said you must be joking. Luckily I wasn't going to sign for a car else papers would of been ripped up. 

I have thought about getting a loan from the bank. Be a lot cheaper, but for now looking around. 

I was looking on their website and seen a frozen white (which would go for) a year younger and only 1k more miles for 300 cheaper but I won't even set foot on thay dealers forecourt now so their loss. 

They said the car in question is at a location, which does not exist. But is actually in a complete different direction and is a little further. They also wanted £300 for it to be dropped from this apparent dealership to theirs - its okay I'd rather spend £15 in fuel and do a deal with them than Shell out £300. Which was none refundable and doesn't go against the car. 

For the record their site says 11% Apr but calculations work it out at 30% but even working it out at 30% the car would be 313/333 a month. Can't remember which one. 

14 hours ago, JayG90 said:

They said the car in question is at a location, which does not exist. But is actually in a complete different direction and is a little further. They also wanted £300 for it to be dropped from this apparent dealership to theirs - its okay I'd rather spend £15 in fuel and do a deal with them than shell out £300. Which was none refundable and doesn't go against the car. 

Sounds like Evans Halshaw. They advertise on tv that you can get a car moved to you to view it but when I went they basically said you have to put down a £200 holding fee that covers their losses for moving the car if you dont buy it...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

Sounds like Evans Halshaw. They advertise on tv that you can get a car moved to you to view it but when I went they basically said you have to put down a £200 holding fee that covers their losses for moving the car if you dont buy it...

You've got the dealership, didn't want to say anything. £200 was it? I must of misheard, I was just insulted by what this person was saying. Sorry if you're on this forum, but customer service is in order me thinks.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

I recall seeing on their website that it was a fully refundable £200 if in case you dont want to purchase the car?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LewisZetec said:

I recall seeing on their website that it was a fully refundable £200 if in case you dont want to purchase the car?

Ahh fair enough, I was told the opposite by the salesman, maybe he was trying to convince me to buy. Said the £200 may get lost if you dont buy the car but if you do buy it the £200 goes towards the deposit... he was trying to get me to buy a 2 year old ecoboost for £13k though

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JayG90 said:

You've got the dealership, didn't want to say anything. £200 was it? I must of misheard, I was just insulted by what this person was saying. Sorry if you're on this forum, but customer service is in order me thinks.

£200 was about a year or so ago when I was looking originally so it might have changed. In my opinion if you name and shame a company on a social platform like a forum or twitter it often makes them want to solve the issue for you haha! So I tend not to hide a company name when they've provided me with bad customer service.

3 hours ago, Jazman23 said:

Ahh fair enough, I was told the opposite by the salesman, maybe he was trying to convince me to buy. Said the £200 may get lost if you dont buy the car but if you do buy it the £200 goes towards the deposit... he was trying to get me to buy a 2 year old ecoboost for £13k though

That's mad. you could probably get a brand new one for about £14 k after discount

I apologise if anyone works for them before I say this but... 

I hate Evans Halshaw with a passion, they're a bunch of money grabbers IMO and always tend to cut corners regardless of whether its vehicle sale/service. It's a real shame because there are actually a few decent people that work there!! 

I won't ever go to them again. First time was 'you don't want of them' that was a focus St who are they to tell me what I want, it was in a rude manner. Because I said oh okay he walked off and didn't see him agai . Same dealership i went into the new car section asked for a broucher and got 'over there' don't break a bone pal. 

Then this dealership as for the 200 I'd rather drive and see the car in person and with it costing no more than 15 pound fuel, its a hard choice to make lol.

I'm waiting for the right car and right price. I'm not going to buy just because its there think that's what they don't like. 

My Local dealer (Perrys) are always friendly and courteous - which is all you ask for at the end of the day...

They did have my old ST in white for sale not long ago, 1 year old with around 19k on the clock - sold within a week for £13-13.5k. 
The cars are that popular that there are bound to be a fair few about, like you said it's just about waiting for one for the right price at the right time. I'll keep a look out in my local area for you if you want?

*Uses Interweb* 

Incidentally I've just had a look on my local dealers website and have found a few good examples which I can send you? I reckon you're probably about 2hrs from me so not sure if it's too far for you to travel?