Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Alloys / making them BIGGER!

Thatguycraig

ok boys and girls. Help if you would. 

I know very little about modding cars and such - ive never had the money to do anything big... but i wouldnt mind getting some nice wheels on my mk 2.5 focus. Dont want to spend a fortune, but at least if i know the process, i can make an informed decision. 

so the standard wheels on a zetec tcdi is 15" i think. what i want to know is, if i want bigger wheels, how easy is it to do? what are the considerations? I know the spedo and what not will need resetting/changing to accommodate the bigger wheels, anyone had this done and got a ballpark fig of the cost? 

can you get low profile tyres and get bigger wheels to achieve same effect without any additional computer based changes? 

and lastly, anyone got some alloys for sale?! and not stupid prices - as on the "for sale" section of this forum, people are trying to sell a set of used alloys for more than they cost online :/ 

thank you in advance! 

32 minutes ago, Thatguycraig said:

so the standard wheels on a zetec tcdi is 15" i think. what i want to know is, if i want bigger wheels, how easy is it to do? what are the considerations? I know the spedo and what not will need resetting/changing to accommodate the bigger wheels, anyone had this done and got a ballpark fig of the cost?

You don't need to do this, you shouldn't try to do this, it is a bad objective for most people.

33 minutes ago, Thatguycraig said:

can you get low profile tyres and get bigger wheels to achieve same effect without any additional computer based changes?

That's more like it.

The first thing that you should consider is 'is there another model of the vehicle that  have that looks to have the size of wheel that  would like?' If, just as an example there is, say, an ST or a titanium that has the right sized wheel 'n tyres then you won't go far wrong with that size of wheels and tyres. Usually these will be lower profile tyres on a bigger rim. They could also be wider. The RR should be close so you shouldn't need to re-cailbrate the speedo but it is worth checking.

Think about the cost of the tyres; one thing that doesn't work (for me) is to go so big that you can only afford cheepo Chinese Crap (TM) tyres; you'd be better sticking with a size in which you could afford at least mid-range tyres.

You might also want to look online at sites that allow you to compare the sizes of tyres on the vehicle (will it fit). And, respect the ET (unless you really, really, really understand what you are doing and it sounds like you don't) Oh, and the pan dimension (in 'J's...which are the same as inches)!

standard wheels 16inch

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club