Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS broken?

jimbomc96

Hi all, new here!

So I have my 16 focus zetec s on coilovers, fairly low, hit a hard bump on m62 and a minute later speedo stops working, abs and stability control fault light came on, hill start assist not available, basically anything related to the abs sensors. Every time I apply gas or let off there is a small knock from the front left as if something has developed some backlash. Any ideas where I should be looking for the problem? Already cleaned all the abs sensor connections. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

James

Have you checked for play to make sure nothing is mechanically damaged or out of place?

Might be that the shock has caused the sensor to fail if it has lit up the dash.

An error code reader should tell you more.

If the sensor has failed, Ford will probably not honour the warranty with it being on coilovers though.

I have, everything accessible is okay , I'll run a code reader later on see what that can tell me. If it comes down to it I'll have to remove coilies and play dumb with ford. Thanks for the help I'll keep you posted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club