Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford SYNC/Bluetooth

visahorse

Hi (potentially) helpful people,

For the past few days the bluetooth on my iPhone 6S will refuse to connect/not play music with the Ford Sync bluetooth ('65 plate titanium - in case that makes a difference).

I have attempted all the various 'fixes' I could think of but to no avail - reset default, uninstalling phone, phone on/off, both bluetooth on/off. Originally the phone would connect but no music would play but i could skip songs on the display and i tried this on various different phone apps/itunes. Now after attempting to fix it, the bluetooth error message keeps appearing and wont connect. 

Nothing stresses me out quite like technology that wont work! Any suggestions would be greatly received.

thanks,

Visa

Afternoon! 

I had the same issue on my Fiesta courtesy car now that my replacement ST is on order (irrelevant but still) 

I had the BT initializing error come up, the easiest way to resolve the issue is to remove the fuse that controls sync, leave for a minute and replace. This'll completely wipe the sync system and you'll be able to connect and stream music hassle free! 

The fuse is located behind the glovebox - it's just a pinch to get the glovebox out the way... IIRC fuse number is 24 but it'll be a 10A fuse on it's own near the larger relays :) 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

As Dave said pull the fuse. Once you've pulled it wait until you hear something click, it normally takes between 5 and 10 mins in my experience. Doing this has always solved all my Sync issues in the past though.

• Like 2

Thanks both, that did the trick!

Did i recommend you both? Think i have...

Glad to hear! That should keep the system sweet but if anything else happens I'd go straight for that again pal. 

Yes you did, much appreciated! Just happy we could help! 

Or it might just decide to work when it wants.

I got a new phone on Saturday but couldn't for the life of me get it to pair with the car.

I tried two master resets, pulling the fuse, turning bluetooth on and off, rebooting the phone, reverse pairing.

So I took it in to Ford before work this morning, tech comes out and does it first time. WTH!

Magic touch by ford tech! Lol

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/11/2016 at 1:18 PM, dmizz93 said:

Afternoon! 

I had the same issue on my Fiesta courtesy car now that my replacement ST is on order (irrelevant but still) 

I had the BT initializing error come up, the easiest way to resolve the issue is to remove the fuse that controls sync, leave for a minute and replace. This'll completely wipe the sync system and you'll be able to connect and stream music hassle free! 

The fuse is located behind the glovebox - it's just a pinch to get the glovebox out the way... IIRC fuse number is 24 but it'll be a 10A fuse on it's own near the larger relays :) 

Hope this helps!

I have a ford fiesta black edition 2016 and bt says initializing,I've found the fuse panel but don't know which fuse I need to take out, can you help thanks

• 11 months later...
On 5/11/2016 at 1:18 PM, dmizz93 said:

Afternoon! 

The fuse is located behind the glovebox - it's just a pinch to get the glovebox out the way... IIRC fuse number is 24 but it'll be a 10A fuse on it's own near the larger relays 🙂

Hope this helps!

I've just had the same problem today I was losing my mind didn't know what to do till I found this page, pulled the fuse out and put I back now it works thank you 

17 minutes ago, Lewis97 said:

I was losing my mind didn't know what to do till I found this page, pulled the fuse out and put I back now it works

I'm not sure that pulling the fuse out and putting it back resets everyone's mind, but I'm happy it's fixed yours. 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club