Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoyed with jacking. NEED HELP!!!!

ryan1995fiesta

Hi all. I am trying to replace the right wing on my car and to do so i need to get the wheel off. I have axel stands and I am having to use the rubbish jack that came with the car.

I tried jacking it up once put an axel stand in place and then it fell off. God knows why cause i placed them where ford said to put them which is where the jacking point is. That was the manual and a phone mechanic from ford who told me this. 

So any ideas where to put the stupid axel stands. I cant get to the axel as I cant lift it from the front. I do have two large bars running under the vehicle. Are these the correct place to put them. 

Also when jacking the car I either get loads of squeaking noises and sometimes a small bang like the car slipped off the jack a bit. Is this normal?

If someone could help with this I would be grateful.

Thanks

Ryan

Sorry but your car fell off the axle stand? Or have I misunderstood?

You'll get squeeking/roaring coming from the handbrake & also the suspension as it settles/moves as you Jack it.

I changed both wings on my fiesta without taking the wheels off... Just put the steering all the way to one side so the wheels out the way to undo the arch liner etc

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeah the car didnt hit the floor as i had the jack holding it too. So no damage at all.

Okay so do i remove the liner at all? Also is that steering full lock left or right??? 

Thanks

Ryan 

Go careful mate.. Not sure how you managed it but go careful. keep a spare wheel under the car too when possible. Better to crush a wheel than your head

You need to undo the screws holding the liner into the wing. but no need to remove the liner or screw going into the bumper.

If you're changing the right wing then put the full right lock on. If its the left then full left :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I will mate and basically the ford owners manual for the fiesta mk6 and the mechanic who is from ford told me to place the jack stands under the piece of metal used to jack the car up. Turns out its not as strong as they think and it bent it a little and obviously slipped off the stand. Thankfully it did not smash into the floor. 

Awesome but i still need to take the lights, bumper and hood off don't I as on the wing i purchased all the bolt locations are either under the hood or bumper? 

I already took the lights out today and hopefully getting the paint tomorrow as the wing was pre primed already.

Thanks for the help

Ryan

Put the stands under the bolts on the subframe where it bolts to the car - that has to take loads of weight so should be more than strong enough.  Sills and chassis rails are not designed to take much weight so bend easily.

Jack up on the proper jacking points and that should be fine.

Creaks and groans are normal when jacking up (well, I am getting old now :tongue: ) but seriously they are, just keep looking and checking that nothing is sliding and that the stand isn't being pulled across on the other side.  Give the car a good shake while the wheels are still on and before you get under, better it falls off then than when you're under it!

• Like 1

I will mate and basically the ford owners manual for the fiesta mk6 and the mechanic who is from ford told me to place the jack stands under the piece of metal used to jack the car up. Turns out its not as strong as they think and it bent it a little and obviously slipped off the stand. Thankfully it did not smash into the floor. 

Awesome but i still need to take the lights, bumper and hood off don't I as on the wing i purchased all the bolt locations are either under the hood or bumper? 

I already took the lights out today and hopefully getting the paint tomorrow as the wing was pre primed already.

Thanks for the help

Ryan

I always jacked my mk6 using the jacking points on the sills, also used to place axle stands under there 9/10 times . The other times it went under the subframe. Never had any issues, have your sills started to go?

They're a nightmare. make sure you soak the bolts/screws for the wings under the lights in penetrating fluid as they're probably seized solid and brittle.

Same thing goes for the bolts holding the wing to the sill :)

thanks everyone for your help. The sills seem to be in perfect order no rust and not bent and still pretty solid.

For some reason it just didn't hold the weight on the right side. I have 2 tonne axel stands which is plenty to hold a mk6 up. 

I have used the subframe and its currently sat in mid air not trying to kill me this time. 

Thanks everyone will start my guide. Actually on that note ginger flame where do i post the guide? Is there a specific location on the forum?

Cheers Guys

Ryan

You're lucky then, I've bought so many cars that have been jacked up in the wrong place with bent sills and rusty chassis rails where a jack has broken the underseal!  One of my current ones even has a huge lump in the passenger floor as someones obviously tried to jack it on the floorpan!! :laugh: 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club