Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer possible leak

SuttonRider

I seem to be loosing about half a cup full of water from the windscreen washer system a day. I can't see any leaks. Is this a common problem? Where's the best place to start a closer inspection?

Are you topping it up every day? I thought I had a leak after filling it up but apparently there is an overflow. (or at least on my 2010)

As to where it might be leaking otherwise, can't help, sorry. Only just got mine and still learning about its 'little ways'.

Good luck

• Like 1

When my focus was brand new in 2006 it had a leak from the washer bottle! I didn't want to take it back to the dealer so if memory serves I removed the plastic shield under the front driver wheel arch and just plugged the tube from washer reservoir back in fully into the pipe (that I assume goes to the washer pump). I guess it wasn't in fully from the factory, and had shaken loose after a few hundred miles... 

Took the car in today and the guy knew just what it was before he took a look. It was the Headlight washer, a seal had gone. Anyone else had this problem? Is it common?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club