Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chrome & carbon dipped parts!

Ian Lanc

I've got a 10 plate Titanium and the interior never really did anything for me seeing as the silver parts could be seen on other cheaper variants, so decided to fit a few chrome parts and the silver parts dipped in high gloss carbon effect, this was done two years ago now and still look as good as the day I put them back on.

The silver clock bezel was also ripped out and replaced with a black & chrome version out of a new Titanium.

Chrome isn't liked by many younger drivers but I'm 48 years old and like chrome on the inside of me cars smiley-taunt014.gif

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

• Like 1

Looks boss Ian! 

But what do you mean by you dipped the silver parts in a carbon effect? 

1 hour ago, LewisZetec said:

Looks boss Ian! 

But what do you mean by you dipped the silver parts in a carbon effect? 

It's called hydro-coating basically it's a big sheet of vinyl wrap that's in a tank of liquid then sprayed with a glue. Then the parts are dipped in on the wrap that sticks to it and gives the effects you have asked for. There's loads of videos on YouTube if you go there that explains it better. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, StevenST13 said:

It's called hydro-coating basically it's a big sheet of vinyl wrap that's in a tank of liquid then sprayed with a glue. Then the parts are dipped in on the wrap that sticks to it and gives the effects you have asked for. There's loads of videos on YouTube if you go there that explains it better. 

Wheeler Dealers did some wheels in a snakeskin effect a while back, the effect looked good 

The material used is basically a big sheet of decal paper similar to the stuff you put on plastic model kits but the mating surface has to be keyed and a layer of glue which is also dipped to get the glue of really flat, after the decal paper is on its allowed to dry over night and then there's a choice of finishes to seal in the effect... gloss - satin - matt.

Cost me just £90 to get all my parts done.

I don't usually like chrome but that looks classy.

hydro dipping is fantastic. Its off topic but I used to do it for games console controllers back in the day. Still got the kit in the garage. Might go back and dip some of my fords parts :) Thanks for sharing this forgot all about it and what I owned. Also £90 is a bit much tbh. For all of that you could do it using one sheet which costs like £10, activator is like £10 and the rest is free cause its water :) A whole dipping kit is only around £100 and because it leaves no residue in the tank even your bath or kitchen sink can be used. 

Cheers

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

Did you get the steering wheel plastic dipped as well? Top photo isn't showing for me is that it? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/05/2016 at 11:59 PM, ryan1995fiesta said:

.£90 is a bit much tbh.

That was the cheapest quote I got and the dearest quote was £185, but bare in mind the guy who did it for me picked up the parts and dropped them off for me.

On 29/05/2016 at 1:15 PM, Taylor22 said:

Did you get the steering wheel plastic dipped as well? Top photo isn't showing for me is that it? 

No I never got the silver surround dipped, I'm looking for the satin brushed silver version as on the brand new Fiesta's.

The speedo clock surround has been replaced with a matt black version which has silver insert.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club