Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hmmmm Alloys

MrJamesMcManus

Hellooooo! Okay so whilst driving I hit a curb basically trying to avoid a cyclist that was weaving across the road. Basically dented the !Removed! out of the standard wheels that come on the Fiesta with the wheel trim so I am looking for some alloy wheels.

I'm based in Manchester so If anyone could provide links to places they have been in Manchester and had alloy wheels fitted. Please links to websites and images of your wheels if you can.

I've got money to spend so pricing isn't really an issue, want somewhere I can just walk into and fit my wheels the same day.

I would just get the wheel repaired but it is proving hard to find a decent company that will do it. I've wanted alloys for a while so now seems to be a good time to just go and get some.

I have a Ford Fiesta, 62 plate, Edge trim.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Image of my smashed up wheel is here for anyone who wants to point and laugh:unsure:

13162476_567332646777591_872818448_n.jpg

Why mention about the cyclist ? Surly you could have seen him well before you was on top of him ?

Genuine ford alloys are pretty crap to be honest and on such pot-holed roads you'll soon have a buckled wheel! I'd go to a scrap yard and get a replacement steel one.

9 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Why mention about the cyclist ? Surly you could have seen him well before you was on top of him ?

Genuine ford alloys are pretty crap to be honest and on such pot-holed roads you'll soon have a buckled wheel! I'd go to a scrap yard and get a replacement steel one.

He needed to be mentioned! Haha, yeah he kind of drifted across the road a bit faster than i could've reacted. I should've just slammed on really thinking back but y'know.

I know I need to get something sorted quick otherwise it's just going to get worse. Rang my local scrapyards and none of them have the same wheel size as mine. Just going to go and get some alloys fitted on the weekend. 

Cheers for the reply.

Remember if you fit bigger alloys & tyres that it will also alter the speedo reading :ohmy:

eBay is a good place but you have to be careful! Sometimes a bargin set of alloys & tyres cheap might not be a bargin when you find out all four rims are buckled. When I first got my Titanium back in 2010 I loved it, then it drove crap, found I'd buckled a wheel! new one purchased from ford at a cost of £170, car drove ace again, then a year later I buckled another wheel! This time I wasn't having none of it and searched eBay, found a set of brand new Zetec S alloys & tyres, seller had upgraded his wheels so I got them off him for just £200 for all four....Bargin of the century...brand new :wub:

Still on the car now, luckily not buckled any....yet! 

stirling 004.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Remember if you fit bigger alloys & tyres that it will also alter the speedo reading :ohmy:

Ebay is a good place but you have to be careful! Sometimes a bargin set of alloys & tyres cheap might not be a bargin when you find out all four rims are buckled. When I first got my Titanium back in 2010 I loved it, then it drove crap, found I'd buckled a wheel! new one purchased from ford at a cost of £170, car drove ace again, then a year later I buckled another wheel! This time I wasn't having none of it and searched ebay, found a set of brand new Zetec S alloys & tyres, seller had upgraded his wheels so I got them off him for just £200 for all four....Bargin of the century...brand new :wub:

Still on the car now, luckily not buckled any....yet! 

stirling 004.JPG

Cheers for the help buddy.

I don't plan on getting anything bigger. Just the same size alloys as the wheels that are already on, as I hope I don't have to Shell out money on tyres too but I'm guessing this may not be the case.

Ideally I want to go and buy them and get them fitted at the same place. As I don't have a clue on how to or have the time to change the wheels.

5 hours ago, MrJamesMcManus said:
5 hours ago, MrJamesMcManus said:

Cheers for the help buddy.

Do you really want alloys ? a cheaper alternative would be a replacement steel wheel and a brand new set of ford wheel trims... or does that make you feel sick :whistling:

I got my self after market alloys oz racing and they are perfect only £100 for all four with all good tyres 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Www.wheelbasealloys.com

Check this out. There showroom is just outside Manchester and you can drive in and test wheels against your car to see which ones look best then they offer a free fitting service, so ticks all your boxes I believe. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club