Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just bought an 09 fiesta (MK7)

BP2411

Hello everyone,just bought a new fiesta but the radio keeps turning on and off even when I'm not in the car also can't get the key to remote lock / unlock the doors.  Sorry if it's in the wrong section just want an answer asap before the battery dies.

Thanks for the reply, I changed the battery in the remote and still nothing, is there a way to test the fob?  I know on infrared devices you can aim a camera at the sender and it flashes when you press a button.  Also will the remote need recoding?  If so is it just a case of key in ignition position 2 then back to 1 and so fourth until the beep then press a button or is that a different model Fiesta?

Anyone had a similar problem with the radio? Car wouldn't start today so the radio has obviously drained the battery, I think the on/off button is broke but I pulled all the fuses out of the fuse box that related to the radio but it still worked, I think they've done something dodgy with the wiring.  Should the radio come on if the keys aren't in the ignition?

1 hour ago, BP2411 said:

Anyone had a similar problem with the radio? Car wouldn't start today so the radio has obviously drained the battery, I think the on/off button is broke but I pulled all the fuses out of the fuse box that related to the radio but it still worked, I think they've done something dodgy with the wiring.  Should the radio come on if the keys aren't in the ignition?

I have a 13 plate Fiesta and the radio turns on without the keys in the ignition, but it only comes on for an hour before it turns itself off, don't know if this will relate to an 09 plate though. 

• Like 1

Try hard reset your car disconect ur battery for and hour then reconnect. This might help ur radio and fob

• Like 1

Thanks both, the display does say something along the lines of "ford audio 1 hour mode" briefly before it goes off again, I would like to make it so the radio only goes live when the ignition is on but removing the radio looks like a nightmare job.

EDIT

The on/off switch didn't seem to be giving me any feedback so I took the control panel off to see if there was any dirt or gunk interfering with the operation of the switch, no luck! It looks like the on/off/volume switch is broke so I'll replace the whole thing hopefully that'll do the job. 

I read somewhere these radios don't require coding and are matched to the vin but if you change radio ford will have to program the radio to the car, I assume this means the actual cd unit and not the control panel but can anyone confirm?

Cheers!

Edited by BP2411
More info and didn't want to bump with a new post.

Anyone?

Also anyone know how much ford charge for a replacement key or just the remote central locking part, it's not a flip key.  Also any idea on cost of having a flip key supplied, cut and programmed for both immobiliser and remote central locking.

Cheers 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club