Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Where to hang air fresheners...

jmurray01

Yes I know, there are a lot of people who dislike air fresheners full stop, and those who only use the clip-on vent products.  But, I prefer the old fashioned Magic Trees. 

Problem is, where do you hang them?  The rear-view mirror is risky from a legal standpoint (plus my Mother never has and never will permit anything hanging from there, a pet peeve of hers), the rear door handles are convenient but result in the back of the car getting most of the scent when you're sitting at the front, and there just isn't anywhere else to hang them...

I think I'll have to opt for the rear handles, but I'm interested to hear where you guys hang air fresheners, if/when you use them?

To balance the argument, I'm not completely against the vent air fresheners (I actually have an Air-Wick in the car at the moment), but my problem with them is that they only produce scent when the fan is on, and I'm not the kind of person who keeps the blower running all the time.  It is either on to cool down or heat up the cabin, when the temperature is right the fan goes off, and alas so does the fragrance...

I likes me magic trees. Black Ice, Vanilla or Bouquet. Mines always hang from the rear view mirror or occasionally the indicator stalk.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kpg said:

I likes me magic trees. Black Ice, Vanilla or Bouquet. Mines always hang from the rear view mirror or occasionally the indicator stalk.

Yeah, I'm tempted just to go for the mirror to be honest.  Easiest option.  Indicator stalk works well too, but it hits your leg and gets knocked off etc...

I have one of those drumstick ones hanging from my rear view mirror. The fiancée has always nagged me to get one for the car and I resisted up until I started working for Domino's. Still hate the !Removed! thing though... 

I've got an Angry Bird hanging from my rear view mirror it's like a medal of st.Christopher 

helps repell the pigs

iI spray em with can of magic tree refresher 👍 #CaCaw 

IMG_20140812_134748_zps5ewwaagi.jpg

IMG_20140812_134806_zpstrnkosk_edit_1407

IMG_20140812_134812_zpsi0fzq8a_edit_1407

• Like 2

" ive got an angry bird hanging from my rear view mirror"

is that a euphamism?? lol

• Like 6

I spray aftershave down the vents!! :laugh: Missus went mad at me one day when she caught me spraying JOOP down the vents!! Was my Xmas box from her :w00t:

• Like 3

I've fitted a triple SMD led strip to my rear bird bath and inserted a bottle of aftershave 👌

Image1770.jpg

Image1780.jpg

Image1793.jpg

Image1794.jpg

Image1778.jpg 

• Like 1

I used to hang them on the rear grab handles, until I switched to California scents. Now they are sat in the rear door pocket.

• Like 1

I have 3 airfreshners hanging from the rear view mirror 2 of which I have had for 9 years and haven't smelled for about 8 years 11 months, but I class them as my good look charm. I also have a Darth Vader one that I got to go with my st's stealthy looks.

I don't even notice them, and don't think they impair visibilty/safety at all.

You have to be careful with some of these on paint/plastic as they can act like paintstripper so best to keep them hanging imo

I have one from the rear view mirror and then two hanging from the back of the headrests on the driver and passenger seat (one on each side). 

Rear grab handles for me!  Can't stand anything around the front in my vision at all!  There's a car I pass most days with the screen so full of rubbish I don't know how they see anything, keep meaning to get a pic lol!

Magic tree's don't last anywhere near as long as they used to though, I'm out of 'stock' of them now so will be looking into something different soon I reckon.

I use the ones that stick in the vents. Two at a time they last around 2 months or so. I like the amount of flavour choice they come in. Although one does smell of public toilets! 

I usually hang them in the back - blueberry jelly one is my favourite.

Currently, I have a Minion one on the rear view mirror.

I did try one of the clip on air vent ones...but umm...I had an accident thanks to one lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

There's a car I pass most days with the screen so full of rubbish I don't know how they see anything, keep meaning to get a pic lol!

There's a Mk2.5 Focus Titanium round here with the cabin filled with Christmas decorations/ornaments. Really need to get a photo if I get a chance. 

• Like 1

It is these ones I use. Rather than. The big air vent ami-pure things. 

IMG_20160513_165730.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I went for the rear grab handles.  The smell has circulated around the car, but in time it will confine itself to the rear unfortunately. 

WP_20160514_17_00_05_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

Don't ever use the gel type ones that go on the dash, they melt in the sun and ruin the surface.

I just squirt Richbrook Ford New Car Citrus spray into the vents occasionally.

• Like 1

I use them round american ones,last ages and goes in one of the cup holders.

• Like 1

I used hang one from the rear view mirror but have switched to the rear  grab handles.

When Brandy is erm "a bit windy" it's more effective to have the air freshened from behind: rather than have dog gas permeate to the front of the cab and wait for the air freshener to do it's job:lol:

On 12/05/2016 at 9:10 PM, Lenny said:

I've got an Angry Bird hanging from my rear view mirror it's like a medal of st.Christopher 

That might explain what the pink thing on an elastic string that Brandy used to play with, originally bought for the cats until Brandy claimed it.  Never knew what sort of animal it was supposed to be.:mellow:

• Like 2

I bought a car freshner from magic tree but not the conventional tree. It's a magic tree clip, clipped around the mirror it's hidden behind the mirror. Well happy with it I used to like magic trees but stuff swinging from the mirror irritated me . First time have seen the magic tree clip air freshener myself.

Got a pic of one of the cluttered screens today...  Honestly how is that not annoying!? :laugh:

IMG_20160517_155117526.jpg

Mot fail !!

Must have removed them for mot as no mention on mot certificate
  • Like 1

I hang mine from the rear passenger side roof handle. Also have a wee monkey called Maurice who swings from there. He used to be a air freshener once and used to hang from the original focus rear view mirror until his bungee got too long

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Got a pic of one of the cluttered screens today...  Honestly how is that not annoying!? :laugh:

IMG_20160517_155117526.jpg

No doubt a cat person with the two stuffed cats on the dash:lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club