Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford KA 03 radio code please?

SSmith44

The fuse was pulled out for my 03 Ford KA radio and now it's asking me for the code. I followed the instructions by pressing 1 and 6 together to get a serial number which came up as MGP DJS then another number flashed up as 4-04 then more numbers said 04-03-00

I can't believe it has to be so complicated to use the radio. I looked online for the same code and the numbers given to other people didn't work, and I read if you try too many times that the radio completely locks so you can never use it.

Will I ever be able to use the radio again?

None of the numbers you listed is the radio serial number.

You should be looking for a number starting with M or V.

Once you have that then search eBay for a code service or go to a Ford dealer with your V5C documents.

If you can't pull up the serial via the screen then it is on a sticker on the radio casing, get the radio pulled out and you should find it.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SSmith44 said:

The fuse was pulled out for my 03 Ford KA radio and now it's asking me for the code. I followed the instructions by pressing 1 and 6 together to get a serial number which came up as MGP DJS then another number flashed up as 4-04 then more numbers said 04-03-00

I can't believe it has to be so complicated to use the radio. I looked online for the same code and the numbers given to other people didn't work, and I read if you try too many times that the radio completely locks so you can never use it.

Will I ever be able to use the radio again?

As Stoney said, look for a number starting M or V then google ford serial number generator (loads of websites) or go to eBay or Ford.

you wont find it by the 1&6 , radio out to see m number

Could you possibly tell me my radio code for my KA?  I had a new battery fitted and don't have any paper work for the radio. I have the serial number off the side of the radio itself. It's M008487.

Thank you!

Silly me. Will look on eBay

5 minutes ago, Rochelleac said:

Could you possibly tell me my radio code for my KA?  I had a new battery fitted and don't have any paper work for the radio. I have the serial number off the side of the radio itself. It's M008487.

Thank you!

Sorry, this club does not provide codes.

M codes are easily obtained using a code generator freely available on the internet.

http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/radio/content/ford-m-serial-radio-code-generator.php

• Like 1

I can't believe it's so much hassle. I need to buy a tool to pull the radio out to see that code. Ford place was closed in the afternoon, so I bought a portable radio to listen to in the car.

That's modern car security for you - you could make your own tool with a thin coat hanger or some 13mm copper mains wire and a file to get round the "security" - ahem.

Halfords do the radio keys, or 4 rivits do the job also .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club