Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016MY 3-Door Roof Bars

opr

I have searched and read a few threads regarding roof bars for mk7.5 cars but I'm still a little confused. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm looking for roof bars for my Red Edition (3 door) so I can have a roof box/occasionally carry my bike. I do a lot of tripping around in the Summer/Autumn so I like having the extra space in a roof box. I went to my dealership (who are pretty useless for accessories despite being great at everything else) and they told me flatly that roof bars did not exist for the Mk7.5 3 door Fiesta. My brother sent me a link to this video a few days ago and so I started searching again. I found a few threads on here that suggest that the part number is F1831617 as illustrated in this link. I realise that image is for illustration purposes only and that the old mounting holes for the bars do not exist/are obscured since some time in 2013.

My questions are:

1) does anyone own the roof bars linked above for a 3 door mk7.5?

2) how do these bars attach to the car? Are they easily removable? Do they scratch the paintwork?

3) should my Ford dealership be able to order these bars using the part number?

Pictures/experience/advise would be much appreciated :)

i got myself  the thule roof bar kit once set up it only takes a couple of minutes to remove and refit. when it comes to get a new car you can take the roof rack with you just need to get the vehicle specific rapid fitting kit and away you go. 

never had it scratch paint

clips on to vehicle no drilling or vehicle alterations

you would need: 

1. foot pack 
  2. rapid fitting kit
  3. roofbar
  4. locks 

shop around for each bit as prices vary square mars tend to whistle over approx 40 mph wing bars remain quite at motorway speeds 

• Like 1

Thanks for the post cjay1. Using your post I've been able to price around for a thule kit. The best price I can get locally is €205 (53 for the bars, 47 for the rapid fitting kit and 105 for the footpack) from Halfords. That's about £161, does that sound about right to you? Do you have wing bars yourself? My last car had a Yakima rack and the fairing did an excellent job of keeping noise low during motorway spins.

sounds a good price have the wing bars myself look better than the square and no whistle. i went slightly longer on the roof bars @127cm as for some reason they were cheaper than 118 cm bars. i wouldn't go any longer than i have got as people might start banging there head getting in and out of the car. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this old post back to life. I also have a red edition. Looking on Halfords, they've given me a price of £220 for the bars, fitting kit, footpack and a thule 774 Short roof adapter!? Is the short roof adapter necessary? I'm also wondering can I get any thule roof bars and then just by the rapid fitting kit and 754 footpack to keep the cost down.

Cheers,

Adam

• Like 1

The short roof adapter is required for 3-door cars as there's no opening for the rear bars to clamp to.

If you've got a 5-door you might want to consider the Cruz Airo bars as they're cheaper than thule and have a higher weight rating.

[Edit: Apologies; just spotted you've got a 3-door red edition!]

• 3 months later...
The short roof adapter is required for 3-door cars as there's no opening for the rear bars to clamp to.
If you've got a 5-door you might want to consider the Cruz Airo bars as they're cheaper than Thule and have a higher weight rating.
[Edit: Apologies; just spotted you've got a 3-door red edition!]

Okay thanks for explaining that [emoji106] I'll have a look and see if I can get the bike in the boot instead I think. Hopefully if I take the front wheel off it'll fit in there and save me 200 odd quid

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club