Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Pigs - do they eat potatoes?

GMX

A bit of a long shot, but there might be a FOC member with a pig or two.

Can pigs eat potatoes? 

I realised this evening I'm not going to able to eat all of my potato mountain be the time this years potatoes are ready::ohmy: even if I had potatoes for every meal, on every day:mellow:  And after the mountain is consumed, I've got all those potatoes in the clamps:ohmy:

Thinking about where I might offload my spare potatoes, it dawned on me, pigs or rather their farmers buy great quantities of surplus veg for their pigs, but I'm not sure if potatoes are amongst them.  Pigs are a bit fussy contrary to their public image of eating everything in their path

There's a few pig farms we pass by on Brandy's long walks.

sounds like I might be wrong. Looked it up a lot of things are saying potatoes are okay and a few are saying they are bad. :/

11 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

sounds like I might be wrong. Looked it up a lot of things are saying potatoes are okay and a few are saying they are bad. :/

My Googling came up with the same divided opinions amongst the pig owners too.:unsure:

8 minutes ago, GMX said:

My Googling came up with the same divided opinions amongst the pig owners too.:unsure:

I use to play a farm simulator game and on the forum is a pile of farmers. I've asked on there for you, I'll let you know on an answer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

I use to play a farm simulator game and on the forum is a pile of farmers. I've asked on there for you, I'll let you know on an answer.

Cheers Jamie:smile:

27 minutes ago, GMX said:

Cheers Jamie:smile:

If you can make any sense of this reply (I am waiting on some more replies)

Well in real life pigs will eat potatoes. To be honest there's a reason you have phrases based on eating like a pig, mostly because they eat a lot of things.

Feeding pigs potatoes is far from worthwhile though because it's basically just giving them something to keep them from going hungry seeing as a they aren't exactly the same use as you'd get from say a pig nut.

another response

Pigs can eat potatoes yes, its common for smaller potatoes that don't make the or too big potatoes to be used as pig swill, as already stated, pigs will eat literally anything you put in front of them

• Like 1

Thanks Jamie:smile:

Seems they're ok with them, I'll offload some my potato mountain to the pig farmers of Dorset

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club