Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting folding mirrors to MK2.5 Titanium Focus

rupert88

Hi guys,

I have recently started a bit of a project on my 2009 Ford Focus Titanium to retrofit mirrors with puddle-lamps and power fold capability.

I removed the old mirrors and attached new (aftermarket) mirrors with puddle lamps and power fold.

I purchased a two-way button from Ford which replaces the standard interior scan button by the door handle. (I dont have the power fold switch integrated on the drivers door arm rest module).

switch.jpg

After a search on Google ive figured out where the extra wire needs to go on the drivers door control unit (the passenger mirror connector is fully populated) to power the drivers side mirror fold motor.

Current Progress

I've managed to turn on the puddle lamps with ELMConfig.

Currently when i lock the car the mirrors move in a bit (and it seems using the mirror adjustment switch i can move them out again using the left arrow ?). The puddle lamps seem to be working properly.

Questions

Q1) How can i wire up the two way button pictured above?

Q2) What settings do i need to flick in ELMConfig so the car knows it has powerfold/puddle lamps (I have a modified ELM327 clone with an MS CAN switch)?

Q3) Is there any mirror learning procedure required so the car knows how much to fold the mirrors in or out (like global opening/closing for the windows)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Ive never seen that switch before.. Have you got the finis code for it and links to parts to have powerfold mirrors as i am interested in this also.

Hopefully someone must know how to get it working via ELM config too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2016 at 3:03 PM, rupert88 said:

Hi guys,

I have recently started a bit of a project on my 2009 Ford Focus Titanium to retrofit mirrors with puddle-lamps and power fold capability.

I removed the old mirrors and attached new (aftermarket) mirrors with puddle lamps and power fold.

I purchased a two-way button from Ford which replaces the standard interior scan button by the door handle. (I dont have the power fold switch integrated on the drivers door arm rest module).

switch.jpg

After a search on Google ive figured out where the extra wire needs to go on the drivers door control unit (the passenger mirror connector is fully populated) to power the drivers side mirror fold motor.

Current Progress

I've managed to turn on the puddle lamps with ELMConfig.

Currently when i lock the car the mirrors move in a bit (and it seems using the mirror adjustment switch i can move them out again using the left arrow ?). The puddle lamps seem to be working properly.

Questions

Q1) How can i wire up the two way button pictured above?

Q2) What settings do i need to flick in ELMConfig so the car knows it has powerfold/puddle lamps (I have a modified ELM327 clone with an MS CAN switch)?

Q3) Is there any mirror learning procedure required so the car knows how much to fold the mirrors in or out (like global opening/closing for the windows)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

i done this about a year ago.i found one wire goes from switch to door module and door module to mirrors .you might find my post some where with wire diagrams .

also if the elm is not on the right setting just flick the switch to the right setting .once wired up you will be able to just fold the mirrors with the switch .

the best thing is when you have them fold when you lock the car

that switch i bought and found i had to take the innerds out and put them in to the one on the door as the plug is different

2 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

I guide on this would be welcome for quite a few mk2.5 owners...

I was going to get an aftermarket job from there guys http://www.thespeedline.com/exterior-22/ but if I can keep this OEM id be very interested 

i did put wire diagrams some where last year .id have to take my door cards off