Do Not Sell My Personal Information

H

abbieNX11
聽Share

I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to all this so just looking for advice on my best options to get more of a growl from my mk7 zetec s? Not fussed about increasing the hp, just hoping to change the sound 馃

What engine is it? Easiest option is a simple drop in panel air filter - just make sure you inform your insurance company.

i agree with mitch. I believe that is the cheapest option too? The next best thing a little bit different would be a new back box. I purchased a 3 inch sportex yeserday and it has a lovely deeper tone and some lovely popping when you let of the gas XD that is the next cheapest thing. Adds a minescule amount of power but barely noticeable. The sound however much better

2 hours ago, ryan1995fiesta said:

i agree with mitch. I believe that is the cheapest option too? The next best thing a little bit different would be a new back box. I purchased a 3 inch sportex yeserday and it has a lovely deeper tone and some lovely popping when you let of the gas XD that is the next cheapest thing. Adds a minescule amount of power but barely noticeable. The sound however much better

Sometimes an exhaust can drone a bit when on the motorway or just generally be noisy around town, whereas a panel filter/induction kit would only really make noise when you are accelerating. I have found that a decent induction system removing as much restriction as possible (sometimes its not the air filter but the airbox itself) helps massively with throttle response and overall drivability.

OP - What engine do you have?

It's a 1.6? So how do I go about that, have you any recommendations?聽

Stick a Lion in the boot and let it go hungry, that should do it聽

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 666Damian666 said:

I don't recommend this. The roar/grunt doesn't turn off聽and when it does, the sound never comes back. On the聽plus side, it can make a 1 or 1.2L sound like a V12 at high revs.

:P

3 hours ago, abbieNX11 said:

It's a 1.6? So how do I go about that, have you any recommendations?聽

Have a look at one of these,

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-1-6-ti-vct/products/fiesta-b299-induction-kit?variant=839669805

http://j1automotive.co.uk/product-category/025-ford-fiesta-mk7/ford-fiesta-mk7-petrol/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 666Damian666 said:

Great idea mate just make sure you don't get in the car first or you will be eaten and the roar is no more XD