Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 1.0 ZS Tuning Limitations

Broad.156

Hi, 

Ive had my ZS nearly full two years and want to freshen it up now with some tweaking and maybe a HP increase. 

Everyone seems to go for superchips but I can't see a long term example of a superchips remap being used on my model of car. Does anyone have a superchip mapped 2014 ZS that they have been running for a while? Or any other experience with any tuning box on the ZS 125?

Any advice/recommendations welcome.

My Zetec S 125 is 2 years old.

It will soon have

Stage 2 airtec intercooler

Custom cat back exhaust with sports cat

Induction kit already fitted

It's then going for a 180bhp Stage 2 map from REVO :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

I've been running mountunes MR165 kit now for 18 months / 25k miles without issues. 

Bluefin is definitely worth considering.

• Like 2

Can't offer any direct advice as such so will simply relate my personal experience/thoughts/a few things to consider etc for what its worth. As said...NOT advice!

Bear in mind any existing warranty conditions?; 140PS engine has a beefier, uprated head gasket compared to 125PS, also both have restricted boost/torque in 1st/2nd essentially to protect poorly rated ID5 'box; 140PS has lower overall gearing due to an alternate diff. My previous Zetec S 125PS pulled (approx) just over 2500rpm at 70mph in top, my current Red Edition just under 3000rpm ditto. Red Edition is perhaps somewhat obviously a more eager/sportier drivers car, whereas the 125PS was distinctly over-geared, if a little more relaxed on 'A' roads and the motorway.

Brakes in my opinion are only 'adequate' for 140PS, Really needs discs at rear especially if full compliment of people/luggage/fuel on board or simply when pressing-on over your fav 'B' roads and lanes. On an ST, which I've also driven a fair bit, they are significantly better. Jump back into a Red Edition and you think "where have the brakes gone?!!". Not come across any specific problems (yet) with 'tuning for power & speed' as they used to say........except I read somewhere of two instances of 'metallic noises' in 1st/2nd gears after chipping for more power/torque. Think they were significant power 'hikes' as best as I can recall? So, as always.....pays your money, takes your choice!    P.S. Also noticed in passing that M-Sport's R2 Kit for competition use have 180PS but rather obviously have much modified engine internals etc etc to cope.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club