Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red Edition loss of power

JRM

Driving home on the motorway this evening in my Red.  Using cruise control and went to accelerate using the steering wheel buttons and there was a big stutter and then a distinct lack of power. Info came up saying 'engine service now' and the dreaded yellow spanner icon on the dash. Limped back to my local dealer but there was a distinct lack of power when I put my foot down. My first instinct is that the turbo has gone but is there anything else it could be? Going to be at least a couple of days before they can look at it. Car is 14 months old and has 22k on the clock.

The lack of power is properly were it has gone into a limp mode because the yellow spanner icon came on, this protects the engine at the first sign of something gone wrong

• Like 1

Hoping that it is not anything too serious. Definitely felt a sudden loss of power so probably was the limp home mode.

Could be something as simple as a sensor. As mentioned as soon as the car goes in to limp mode you loose power anyway.

At least you're in warranty so it should be sorted at no cost to you.

• Like 1

Yeah they should sort it. Only thing that made me a bit worried was that on the booking in form it said 'possible warranty claim'. There is no possibly about it and I told them straight up I would refuse to pay for any repairs as the car was under warranty. 

It is always possible until they establish the cause.

Got to rule out it being abused or having had unapproved modifications etc.

You've got to remember the warranty is with Ford so your dealer has to follow certain procedures or they won't get reimbursed for the work.

• Like 1

upstream hego sensor or recirc valve split possible causes.

• Like 1

Alex I didn't know that. Thanks for putting mind at rest. Will wait and see what they find.

Got a phone call and said there were no mechanical issues. They gave the car a software update which seems to have sorted it. Keeping until tomorrow to do some further road testing. Very strange.

• Like 1

It does happen sometimes, depending on what dtcs are triggered, software update will fix some.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club