Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speeding

On 20/05/2016 at 10:28 AM, alexp999 said:

They will always take it in to account but that doesn't mean it is a free pass. They just try to make sure the punishment is proportionate to the offence. If someone speeds excessively and frequently in a short space of time they are asking to loose their licence.

Not quite. It is categorically never taken into account in Scotland, nor are speed awareness courses offered as an alternative in Scotland. If you get caught, you either take the fixed penalty or contest it in court. 

It's also worth noting that whether you are offered a speed awareness course depends on where the offence took place. If you're Scottish and caught speeding in England or Wales, they may choose to offer you a speed awareness course (In the area of England or Wales you were caught in); whereas any speeding offence in Scotland will not be offered an awareness course, regardless of where the registered keeper/driver lives. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

He could well be a lucky lad then, most cameras have gone over to digital and the pics are stored on solid state memory like cards and flash drives etc, but your mate could have gone through one of the last ones with film still being used,, or it could have been faulty and waiting for repair but its still flashing speeders but not recording it.

If so lets hope he has learned his lesson and slows down.

• Like 2

He finally got a ticket! It said he was doing 55 in  a 40 and he has to fill in a form and send back? Any ideas of whats going to happen???

Seems like the punishment can vary a bit by force.

• Like 1

Mobile car crusher? 

• Like 3

3 points and £100.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

If he's lucky.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Seems like this topic cursed me. I was apparently doing 54 in a restricted 50 zone down the m60 past trafford centre. No point arguing it, so admitted i was the driver and they havent bothered to write back to me. Finally got in contact with them and of course systems are down. 

See what the verdict is, as i was done for speeding 3 years ago around this time so hoping its a course. :/ 

I thought 54 was too slow to be caught for a 50?

Shouldn't it be 57 plus? Or at least 55 plus?

• Like 1

I thought you could get away with 10% more on speed limits up to 50?

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I thought 54 was too slow to be caught for a 50?

Shouldn't it be 57 plus? Or at least 55 plus?

Letter said 54... as its between 2 posts or something the person told me on phone. No idea but either way no use arguing it.

29 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

Letter said 54... as its between 2 posts or something the person told me on phone. No idea but either way no use arguing it.

Ah, average speed cameras then. Yeah I've always known them to be a lot more strict. :(

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Ah, average speed cameras then. Yeah I've always known them to be a lot more strict. :(

The time i was apparently doing that, youll be amazed to hit 40 as its just rammed with traffic. Anyway, £100 and 3 points to the pot as not entitled to a course. Was done in 2013 and its around now i was done :/ 

10 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

The time i was apparently doing that, youll be amazed to hit 40 as its just rammed with traffic. Anyway, £100 and 3 points to the pot as not entitled to a course. Was done in 2013 and its around now i was done :/ 

at least you owned up to offence just take the punishment and hopefully learn from it:whistling1:

• Like 1

Indeed.

55 or above is normal.

Average speed zones are very strict though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Quick question speed cameras in a 30zone flashed me and I was only doing 28 if I get a letter through post how could I fight it? And prove I wasn't speeding? It also flashed car behind me so I'm guessing it's faulty no idea just a it scared even tho I wasn't actually speeding

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

If it was a standard Gatso type camera, the flash is triggered by a doppler radar, which is notoriously unreliable, especially if there is other traffic around. But the speed test is from two timed photos, and will be much more accurate.

If you were below 30, you should have nothing to worry about. It is the photos that count. But it can't take the photos unless it flashes, so there will be lots of false flashes.

• Like 1

This topic is making me thankful we don't have many speed cameras up my way...  I'm no boy racer, but I can't say that the speedo always stays below 60 on quiet, empty main roads where there is no reason you can't go a bit faster.  I know why we have to have standardised speed limits, but it all comes down to the road condition, weather, and traffic.  A single-track country road with blind bends and summits can (and usually does) have a 60MPH limit, but there is no way any sane person would go above 40.  On the other hand, a large, well designed straight road with good visibility could also have a 60MPH limit, when 70+ would still be safe. 

• Like 4

I find the constant slowing down speeding up around cameras more dangerous than a steady speed.

The M62 around West Yorkshire is a smart motorway with speeds changing regularly to relieve congestion and is particularly annoying

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club