Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new spare key needed for 2014 fiesta zetec

jamesmajin

hi guys, 

probably been done to death but iv just bought a ford fiesta 2014 which only came with one key (the electronic remote type). Roughly how much will it cost me to get a spare key made from an auto locksmith? Also is it worth making sure the spare is also the electronic remote type or would it make more sense to get a manual key?

Im based in the sheffield area if anyone knows any good auto locksmiths. Best price i have been quoted so far is 65 for manual key and 125 for electronic

Thanks in advance

James

Yeah you'll need to get a proper Ford one thought a main dealer that's matched to your car.  The fob contains the immobiliser electronics so without this it won't start.  Bad news is there are very, and I mean very, expensive

hi guys, 

probably been done to death but iv just bought a ford fiesta 2014 which only came with one key (the electronic remote type). Roughly how much will it cost me to get a spare key made from an auto locksmith? Also is it worth making sure the spare is also the electronic remote type or would it make more sense to get a manual key?

Im based in the sheffield area if anyone knows any good auto locksmiths. Best price i have been quoted so far is 65 for manual key and 125 for electronic

Thanks in advance

James

Those prices you've been quoted are very reasonable.

Via a dealer you would be looking at double that at least.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Keys are £120 each for the electronic sort - don't bother with the eBay fobs as they can't be coded properly, I actually got mine done at Timpsons, Ford OEM key used, cut and coded for £120.

got mine done at Timpsons for £40. Same key, sorts my immobiliser and can alarm the car. Does all what the old key does. You need the other key he puts it in a machine turns it, the machine read all the keys data onto a SSL Secure programme screen, downloads it onto a chip puts it in a case cuts the key head and done. Shows you him deleting the file for you car and you walk out with a key :)

Try there see what they say mine was done there and works. Even got the official ford casing with buttons on.

Cheers 

Ryan

Keys are £120 each for the electronic sort - don't bother with the ebay fobs as they can't be coded properly, I actually got mine done at Timpsons, Ford OEM key used, cut and coded for £120.

I had a non oem flip key made for my previous Focus and it worked flawlessly.

Timpsons refused to cut the blade saying they didn't want to risk a cutting head as they thought the metal was too hard.

A mobile auto locksmith that my brother in law uses regularly at his garage did it with no problems, the key was cut and coded to the car in less than 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

cheers everyone. got sorted in the end for 100 pounds- the bloke came to my house and fitted it in under 20 minutes! brilliant. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club