Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BaSTian – Frozen White Fiesta Mk7.5 ST3 – build thread

Dan P

I've been living with my Pandora alarm for a couple of months and I'm pretty happy with it... I still have the car so I'll take that as a win! With the app you can adjust the sensitivity of the alarm which is handy as it was giving lots of false alarms in the first few days of ownership. I got a proximity sensor fitted as an extra which I'm very pleased with as a deterrent. 

I have just had a new set of tyres fitted to the car at 16,000 miles. After doing my research I opted for Avon ZZ5, £70 each from Formula One Autocentres. I also had them reinstate my TPMS valves so I've finally got rid of the error light I've been living with since my first day of ownership.

Mrs P has also just had a change of motor and has an ST of her own (build thread here)...

5adcb47de5c55_180409-Dealership01.thumb.jpg.aec3c61f7bbfa11ece998cc08fac9625.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

BaSTian is now two years old and has just had its second service. It was due a PCM update (ETIS listed an outstanding field service action - 17P06) which was not carried out as the garage I took it to doesn't have access to the Mountune maps.

I have also renewed my insurance and am now with Adrian Flux. I was previously with Need2Insure (last year £612, renewal quote £635) who offered no reduction in premium despite me having fitted the Pandora alarm. Moving to Adrian Flux reduced my premium to £525 so I'm very happy (well... relatively happy, living in London means that I'll never have cheap insurance!)

I have added the Mountune High Flow Induction Hose. There's a bit more induction sound and it looks pretty - it feels a little more willing but any improvement in performance is probably all in my head!

303047910_180517-InductionHose(1).thumb.JPG.2752ce257e1fa950457111ef7047bbcd.JPG

181960827_180517-InductionHose(2).thumb.JPG.e10002d1ab2fb5c1be31ec387c9403c6.JPG

319467315_180517-InductionHose(3).thumb.JPG.fb9b9414f8aef29ec6cbefeded9e8a02.JPG

I was out having a little fun drive last week and what I can only describe as a boulder was thrown up by another car. It bounced off of the bonnet leaving a horrible chip and then struck the windscreen and I was expecting it to crack but it has only left the tiniest mark. Given that this is down to the bare metal I'll have to get it sorted, along with a couple of other little dents and chips elsewhere.  

2024500465_180517-PaintChip.thumb.JPG.52cecedbed9bfacccdc6c0ab41bc13e6.JPG

sorry to hear about the stone fella but at least the windscreen held and dident crack

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I decided that it was finally time to give Bastian a really good clean. I started off with snow foam (I finally invested in a pressure washer this summer and am very pleased that I did so), then did a two bucket wash and followed up with fallout remover. I then used a clay bar - which I'd never done before - and finished off with prep and sealant. The photos don't really do the finished job justice as the light wasn't great but I was delighted with the results. There were some areas of the car which had been remaining grubby even after a normal wash but the clay bar has sorted them all out.

1510729951_180524-Foam.thumb.JPG.40181bfb4f8cd07535a8a3d38c70fdda.JPG

955169661_180818-MegaClean1.thumb.JPG.4e1adfef854e774274a023fb94ceac8b.JPG

534417334_180818-MegaClean3.thumb.JPG.97a2fdd170062dfe62f72f16edbe81cc.JPG

1737156720_180818-MegaClean4.thumb.JPG.6ed879b7d0b28b7440d9b60edb828334.JPG

1425840835_180818-MegaClean5.thumb.JPG.08fac33e186bdf518aa18fda0c1d6164.JPG

One problem that has become increasingly apparent is that the paintwork on the driver's side of the rear bumper is gradually turning a different shade to the rest of the car. When I very first got the car there was damage to the paint on the rear bumper which had to be resprayed. Before my warranty runs out I shall be approaching Ford to see if they will sort it out.

994113711_180818-MegaClean7.thumb.JPG.b55cbb82e48045bc14f75734e4e69118.JPG

My neighbour's cat seemed to object to me having an immaculately clean car and by the next morning had left their paw prints all over the roof and bonnet. I wish that keeping the car clean wasn't such a futile obsession!

1588584504_180818-MegaClean8.thumb.JPG.e05fdb810666abf406378ba375c2dffb.JPG

• Like 1

Looking good 👍. I know how satisfying it is doing a proper clean on the car. A pressure washer makes a big difference especially useful when mixing soap in a bucket. By the looks of it the side of the rear bumper has a tinge of yellow. 

I've had a cat leave it's paw prints on the bonnet of the car. Planning on cleaning it in 2 weeks 

• Like 1

IMO standard ST wheels are nicer than the Team Dynamics, each to their own obviously, just I've seen many of the lesser model Fiestas running them and they've put me off.  Great colour though.  How come your calipers aren't painted?  I've just picked up my ST-2 and the calipers came from factory red.  Good shout on the intake pipe, I've literally just posted in the modified section about making your own induction kit for less than £100, although with that being a Mountune induction pipe I'm sure it was more expensive.  Unlucky with that stone chip, looks nasty, hopefully you can get that sorted without too much of a blemish left behind.  Nice car mate, good shout with the interior bulbs too, cars like these being delivered with halogen internal bulbs is a joke, they're awful, the LEDs are just so much better and more aesthetically pleasing. 

J

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

As I've been approaching three years of ownership (and the end of my warranty and finance arrangements) I've been thinking about what I might do with the car.

I gave serious consideration to getting a new car but have decided against it as I still love my car and my favourite options came with both increased purchase and running costs. I'd quite like a Golf R but they're ridiculously expensive and not particularly exclusive (given the hefty price tag). From the reviews I have read so far I don't feel like I'd be getting an upgrade in getting a brand new Fiesta ST. If I was forced to buy a new hot hatch right now I'd probably go for a Hyundai i30N Performance although it's a little large and thirsty for me.

Having decided that I was going to keep the car I then started to look at further modifications. I was keen on the Mountune MR230 given that I've had Mountune upgrades so far and liked the performance and customer service. Even though I've already got the MP215, induction hose and cat back exhaust the MR230 was going to cost £2,500. Given the large cost I started looking at alternatives and reading as much as I could about what was available.

After much consideration I have decided to go with Collins and will be making a trip up to Cheshire on 7th May. I will be having an ITG air filter, Airtec intercooler, Pro boost hoses and the CP2 remap which should give 235-240bhp. All this should be done for around £1,200. 

Before that happens I have my third service and first MOT booked in on 1st May.

look forward to the update mate.

good to hear you are keeping the fez

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking real nice at the minute. Paint them calipers red to set them nice wheels off.

6 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Looking real nice at the minute. Paint them calipers red to set them nice wheels off.

Thanks Darren, however, painted calipers don't really fit with the style I'm going for!

I spent the day at Collins Performance up in Cheshire... very happy so far, will add some further details when I get the time!

1290871256_190507-Collins.thumb.JPG.123503052674aa74d907e2a0b3d3ae4e.JPG

• Like 1

Last week I had the car's third service and first MOT and sorted out insurance to cover the additional modifications I had planned. My premium (with Adrian Flux) has gone up £10 for the year, which I'm not going to complain about given the additional power!

On 4/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, Dan P said:

After much consideration I have decided to go with Collins and will be making a trip up to Cheshire on 7th May. I will be having an ITG air filter, Airtec intercooler, Pro boost hoses and the CP2 remap which should give 235-240bhp. All this should be done for around £1,200. 

Having found a few extra pennies down the back of the sofa I decided to expand a little on my upgrades... I added in a torque mount, quick shift and turbo actuator and upgraded to the CP2-E remap (240-245bhp) to take advantage of the actuator.

I was very impressed with Collins - nice tidy workshop, friendly people and good care and attention was given to my pride and joy! 

I came home via the Peak District in order to have a little fun and the difference from the MP215 is significant. The most immediate difference is the noise; the induction sound is so much louder. Then there's the power. It pulls harder and longer and feels more raw. It can still drive very comfortably and sedately but just takes off when you put your foot down! I've got a couple of decent trips planned in the next few weeks so will have an opportunity to test it out on some more fun roads soon. 

Updated full list of modifications:

Security

Pandora Mini BT alarm
Dummy OBD port installed and original relocated
Rewire Security TK102 tracker and hard-wire kit

Cosmetic

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys
Team Heko wind deflectors
Rok Blokz mud flaps
Silvatec indicator bulbs
Plain number plates (held on with 3M tape, not screws)
Clear rear brake light
Interior / boot / number plate lights replaced with LEDs
Ford stubby aerial

Performance

Collins CP2-E remap
ITG air filter
Mountune high flow induction hose
Airtec stage 1 intercooler
Pro boost (turbo and intercooler) hoses
Collins Performance turbo actuator
Mountune cat back exhaust
Collins Performance torque mount
Collins Performance quick shift
Mountune sports springs

Audio / Electrical

Alpine SBG-1044BR subwoofer
Alpine MRV-V500 5-Channel Amplifier
Brodit phone holder and hard wired charger

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/8/2019 at 9:25 PM, Dan P said:

Updated full list of modifications:

Security

Pandora Mini BT alarm
Dummy OBD port installed and original relocated
Rewire Security TK102 tracker and hard-wire kit

Cosmetic

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 alloys
Team Heko wind deflectors
Rok Blokz mud flaps
Silvatec indicator bulbs
Plain number plates (held on with 3M tape, not screws)
Clear rear brake light
Interior / boot / number plate lights replaced with LEDs
Ford stubby aerial

Performance

Collins CP2-E remap
ITG air filter
Mountune high flow induction hose
Airtec stage 1 intercooler
Pro boost (turbo and intercooler) hoses
Collins Performance turbo actuator
Mountune cat back exhaust
Collins Performance torque mount
Collins Performance quick shift
Mountune sports springs

Audio / Electrical

Alpine SBG-1044BR subwoofer
Alpine MRV-V500 5-Channel Amplifier
Brodit phone holder and hard wired charger

How is BaSTian going? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club