Do Not Sell My Personal Information

parking sensors- dolphin, cisbo or massG or other?

jamesmajin

hi guys

quick question about rear parking sensors. 

Want to buy a cheap set for my 2014 fiesta- first of all not sure which colour to get. my car is silver though i dont know if they should be fitted to the black bumper or the actual silver paintwork. If its the bumper- is matt black the best bet or normal black or grey??

Secondly,  i'm unsure which set to actually buy. The dolphin ones seem to have won awards etc but cost 50 quid whereas cisbo ones are only 15 on eBay and generally have very good reviews (4 and a half stars on amazon from many customers) though naturally i'm a bit scepetical because of the extremely low price. Also seen a set from massG that are 15 quid and have 5 star reviews, though not as many actual reviews. Anyway...

Can post the links if necessary

just wondering which ones i should go for or if anyone has experience with any of the ones i mentioned or any better suggestions?

cheers in advance 

james

"I fitted Cisbo sensors around 6 weeks ago, they work fine, no problems so far. BTW the Dolphin and Cisco are the same kits, just re-badged; same packaging, same instructions, same control unit and sensors.... execpt the Cisbo kit is half the price of the Dolphin kit! (£50 v's £25) icon_wink.gif"

just read this on a honda forum of all prices. anyone know if its true?

will go with the cisbo's if it is

I have fitted the cheap Cisbo ones from off of eBay on my last 3 cars,,, Civic for 2 yrs,, Megane 1yr and on my Fiesta now for nearly 12 month..

All 3 sets have been great and worked faultlessly 

Stu

We had XVision fitted on our previous Fiesta Zetec S. They were not very good or perhaps not fitted in the 'correct' place? One (2) on the bumper above the lip above the black defuser, one(2) just above the inner part of the reflector....sorry that is the only way I can describe it. The buzzer had a feeble sound and more importantly they did not detect 'lower' items and had a delayed effect at times when items actually were detected. Altogether unsatisfactory.....but my wife insisted they were fitted! I would strongly suggest a look at new Fiesta's in a showroom/as many others as I could where they have been factory or latterly fitted if at all possible? I'm sure I've seen others in different locations, with say a couple on the black defuser part with two on the bumper part? They were good at 'side' detection but otherwise not trustworthy. Needless to say our most recent/current car has not had them fitted!

probably the wrong sensors fitted and in the wrong place, fitted correctly they work fine, ive fitted 80+ and only 2 have come back with sensor issues.

as for the sounder, it must be place in an apropriate position and has a switch with 3 postions of sound volume.

I have Rear sensors on my Fiesta from the factory if anyone would like me to take a picture of them so you can see their placement I'd be happy to oblige.

23 hours ago, iantt said:

probably the wrong sensors fitted and in the wrong place, fitted correctly they work fine, ive fitted 80+ and only 2 have come back with sensor issues.

as for the sounder, it must be place in an apropriate position and has a switch with 3 postions of sound volume.

Sure you are right. Def. too high I'd say, well at least one pair anyway? Didn't have confidence in them after a few 'test-parking nudges' and didn't order any with replacement car either: wife said 'don't bother' so I didn't!

• Like 1

Hopefully you may be able to see where I fitted mine,, they've been fine..

WP_20151011_17_12_29_Pro.jpg

These are the holes I drilled..

WP_20151009_20_10_15_Pro.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club