Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What years for newer cDPF?

stevesey

Looking around for a newer focus (clutch going @ 210K on Mk1 TDDI).  Lots of DPF horror stories around - so wondering when things got better. Mk3s seem to have the cDPF - did later Mk2.5s? Wondering how I tell.

Currently looking at a couple of Mk3s with circa 88k on clock (so hopefully not just used around town!).

Cheers

Steve

Don't know what mine has. I have a 2010 2.0 TDCi with 37k and it's like a brand new car... I do a lot of town driving but make sure I give it a good boot every weekend to clear the cobwebs out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cDPF is only used on late MK2.5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI that meet the Euro 5 emission standard. Older MK2.5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI that meet the Euro 4 standard have a normal DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid. 

The Euro 5 standard was applied in September 2009 but at that time was only applicable on new vehilcle types to get the European Approval. For exisiting vehicle types like the Focus MK2.5 there was a transition period until Januari 2011. Between September 2009 and januari 2011 both the Euro 4 and Euro 5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI were sold.

Be aware that the cDPF does not necessarily means that it is maintenance free. It just has a different regeneration technology than the older DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid. A cDPF also becomes clogged over time and if this happens it also needs to be changed. The only difference is that a cDPF does no longer have a fixed maintenance schedule like the older type of DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 21/05/2016 at 9:42 AM, JW1982 said:

A cDPF is only used on late MK2.5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI that meet the Euro 5 emission standard. Older MK2.5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI that meet the Euro 4 standard have a normal DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid. 

The Euro 5 standard was applied in September 2009 but at that time was only applicable on new vehilcle types to get the European Approval. For exisiting vehicle types like the Focus MK2.5 there was a transition period until Januari 2011. Between September 2009 and januari 2011 both the Euro 4 and Euro 5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI were sold.

Be aware that the cDPF does not necessarily means that it is maintenance free. It just has a different regeneration technology than the older DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid. A cDPF also becomes clogged over time and if this happens it also needs to be changed. The only difference is that a cDPF does no longer have a fixed maintenance schedule like the older type of DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid.

What about the 2.0 TDCi?

On 21/05/2016 at 9:42 AM, JW1982 said:

Older MK2.5 versions of the 1.6 TDCI that meet the Euro 4 standard have a normal DPF with Eolys regeneration fluid. 

I'm curious about the 1.6tdci and the DPF.  I've got a mk 2.5 2008 1.6 tdci.  When I came to change the oil & filter I rang 3 ford dealers to find out whether or not mine had a DPF fitted.  The answer they came back with was No.  I even spoke directly to a ford mechanic and he said he checked thoroughly including the service sched for my vehicle and he could find nothing regards to dpf.  Seen as there's two versions of the 1.6tdci - 110 and 90bhp and mine is the latter, I'm wondering whether the 90bhp escaped them as i surely can't be the random odd one out? 

build date on the Mk2.5 1.6 TDCI I owned was 27th Jan 2010 and that was a Euro 5 vehicle with the cDPF and no fluid tank.

If you want to check for a particular vehicle, put the reg number into the Ford ETIS site and near the top of the list on the right it will say 'Emission: Stage V Emissions' if it is a Euro 5 car

have you a link for that site to check if my car has a dpf as its a 2008 19tdci

ok found it and yes I have a dpf

Primary Features
Build Date:   18.09.2008
Vehicle Line:   Focus 2008-
Body Style:   5 Door Saloon
Version:   Series 32
Engine:   1.6L Duratorq TDCi (110PS) - DV6
Transmission:   5-Speed Manual Trans - MTX75
Drive:   RHD FWD
Emission:   Stage IV + DPF Emissions
Air Conditioning:   Manual Air Conditioning
Territory:   (+)"GB"
Paint:   Vision
Interior Fabric:   Tic Toc / Mono

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club