Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blocked DPF Regeneration Help? 1.6 TDCi 2008

xxxsingh

Afternoon all, 

Having recently had a split DPF pressure sensor hose and broken clamp on the DPF fixed it now seems blocked. 

I have tried to force a regen through Forscan however it gets to 11% fails and no engine revs. (I've been told I could sit there with my foot on the throttle for 5 - 10 mins but surely this isn't safe)

Either way I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as I have added http://www.eurocarparts.com/diesel-system-additives/searchkeyword/dpf but still no luck and considering using http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2008/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/maintenance-fluids-and-greases/cleaner-and-degreaser/?NOR2897380&0&cc5_104

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on using them or any other suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

If you cant get the engine up to temp to do a forced static regen then you have a problem.  will it sit up at 3000RPM ok?

Problem is, even if the DPF functions correctly, it will still fill up with ash and stop your car from working, that's best case, worst case is that you don't drive it properly and the car fills up with Soot much quicker.  Normally the regens burn off the soot and turn it in to smaller ash but this requires a lot of heat.

If you cant get it up to temp then the only way of fixing it is removing the DPF and trying one of those sonic cleaning things, or replacing the whole thing (expensive) or having it gutted (illegal but MOT passable if done right)

holding it at 3000 RPM for a while should be fine but I don't think it will get hot enough even if you do manage to get to 3000 and hold it.

Those DPF cleaners that you shove in the fuel tank are a waste of money but that thing you linked too is interesting, the design of our can is going to make it impossible to use it effectively but perhaps it will help, not sure id try it though, if you fill the can and its well an truly blocked wouldn't that restrict the airflow a lot?

• Like 1

What about terraclean? Supposed to help DPFs...

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1