Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is this a good deal?...

chappers96

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the market for an ST-3. I've done a fair bit of shopping around this weekend, and so far have been tempted mostly by what Bristol Street have to offer.

Here's a link to the car: https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-car/1294564/ford-fiesta-1-6-ecoboost-st-3-3dr-petrol-hatchback/

The car is on at £14'995. My deposit is £2'500. My monthlies would be £272 (with diamond bright...). This is all on a 36 month PCP.

Does this sound reasonable to you folk?

Many thanks,

Ben.

It sounds a little expensive to me, considering the deposit, the car's value and how much you'll be paying at the end of the PCP contract. If you're planning to keep the car at the end and you don't have to pay a significant amount for it, then it's a decent deal IMO.

If you're not planning to keep it and you're happy to pay the price, then it does seem like a top-notch mint car, and the non-finance price is amazing considering the year and engine.

If you're happy paying that price, then you should enjoy the car I think. To be honest, I can't say if it's a good deal overall because I don't do finance. Hopefully someone else on this forum can give you their opinion finance wise. :)

All the best with it. :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the market for an ST-3. I've done a fair bit of shopping around this weekend, and so far have been tempted mostly by what Bristol Street have to offer.

Here's a link to the car: https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/used-car/1294564/ford-fiesta-1-6-ecoboost-st-3-3dr-petrol-hatchback/

The car is on at £14'995. My deposit is £2'500. My monthlies would be £272 (with diamond bright...). This is all on a 36 month PCP.

Many thanks,

Ben.

I've just paid a little under £16,300 for a brand new ST3 so it sounds a little pricey to me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dan P said:

I've just paid a little under £16,300 for a brand new ST3 so it sounds a little pricey to me.

Where'd you get it from matey?

If you're pcp'ing go new. Like Dan said a brand new one is around £16500 mark and the future value will be higher therefore the monthly price would be the same or even less. I got quoted £250 a month on 24 month pcp with £1500 deposit for a brand new st3 with rear sensors and style pack. Go on drive the deal or carwow to find the best deal, you won't get a good a deal from just walking into your local ford dealer. 

Where'd you get it from matey?

I got it through DriveTheDeal. I was also recommended to check out CarWow but their price wasn't as good.

3 hours ago, chappers96 said:

Hi guys,

Many thanks,

Ben.

Go through DTD and you'll get a Race Red style pack ST3 for 16k.

Don't bother with GAP or Diamond Bright, get an external company for GAP and the Diamond bright is rubbish - if they even do it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYoungGinge said:

get an external company for GAP

+1

I got 5 years for half the price of the Ford package (which I believe is only 3 years).

From personal expierence, watch it with Bristol Street Motors. They'll be your slave when comes to talking figures, but once you purchase that car you're on your own! Anything you need doing is with a fight or a nice chunk of money for them to do anything. as said about Diamond Bright, I don't even think they add it to be honest.

They are the worst company I have ever dealt with! I've already told them they wont touch my car again and that's 3 different ford dealerships under Bristol Street Motors. They've damaged my car in the past and wouldn't admit that they had and cost me some money for a garage to sort out, anything under warranty they'll fight you about!

my mothers car is also from Bristol Street and they've attempted to scam her a few times also, including a promised paint job that they never did!

Good luck!

• Like 2

ive bought twice from bristol street, both times the salesmen were good to deal with, but was let down by there service dept when i had issues under warranty with my mazda i bought.

Seems big bucks for a used one on a pcp as said above you will get a new one for less money per month and less deposit as the residual will be higher.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 22 May 2016 at 5:14 PM, Taylor22 said:

If you're pcp'ing go new. Like Dan said a brand new one is around £16500 mark and the future value will be higher therefore the monthly price would be the same or even less. I got quoted £250 a month on 24 month pcp with £1500 deposit for a brand new st3 with rear sensors and style pack. Go on drive the deal or carwow to find the best deal, you won't get a good a deal from just walking into your local ford dealer. 

I thought it sounded high... where's the best place to PCP a new ST3? Direct through Ford's website?

Ford's interest rates are pretty good plus they give additional discount for taking their finance.

2 hours ago, Dan P said:

Ford's interest rates are pretty good plus they give additional discount for taking their finance.

True. The 250 I mentioned was from a ford dealer financed through ford. Go on drive the deal, put in the deposit you have and that will then send out what you want and give you the 5 best quotes from across the country. From what I was told from the dealer there is a deal on two year pcp at the minute for 0% interest making a two year pcp cheaper than the 3 year. I'd imagine with your deposit youd be looking at 210-220 a month on a two year pcp. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taylor22 said:

True. The 250 I mentioned was from a ford dealer financed through ford. Go on drive the deal, put in the deposit you have and that will then send out what you want and give you the 5 best quotes from across the country. From what I was told from the dealer there is a deal on two year pcp at the minute for 0% interest making a two year pcp cheaper than the 3 year. I'd imagine with your deposit youd be looking at 210-220 a month on a two year pcp. 

+1

I'm picking mine up this week... 

2 year deal works out better due to GMFV and interest rates. 
At the minute Ford are offering circa £700 on deposit cont. for ST models

As mentioned above if you go on CarWow or drive the deal to configure your own Fiesta, you'll get pretty discounted prices, best bet after is to take all that info in to your nearest/preferred dealer to see what they can do :)

On 24/05/2016 at 4:07 AM, dmizz93 said:

+1

I'm picking mine up this week... 

2 year deal works out better due to GMFV and interest rates. 
At the minute Ford are offering circa £700 on deposit cont. for ST models

As mentioned above if you go on CarWow or drive the deal to configure your own Fiesta, you'll get pretty discounted prices, best bet after is to take all that info in to your nearest/preferred dealer to see what they can do :)

Great, get some pics up and on here wanna take a look... Had any thoughts of what you are going to do first?

I've never used Bristol Street motors so I can't comment.   I can, however, recommend Sandicliffe at Stapleford, Notts as I've dealt with them for many years and have, in the past, bought 7 cars from them.   I've always received excellent treatment from the with some good discounts and their servicing department is second to none.

You can buy the diamond bright two stage treatment off of eBay for about £10.

1 hour ago, btmaldon said:

You can buy the diamond bright two stage treatment off of eBay for about £10.

I bought some a couple of weeks ago.   It's dead easy to use and the rain really beads on my car now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club