Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Clunk

barnowl005095

hi, i'm quite new to this forum so i'm not too sure on how i start this question off so i'll just jump in. 

I have a ford focus mk2 version 2.

When i got it i noticed the brakes squealed a lot and there was a clunking noise when i braked.

i changed all the pads my self, winding back the pistons ect and made sure that they were all well copper greased up and put them all back together. 

They've been fine for about 3 months and the exact problem has returned. i'm un sure where to start. does anyone have any ideas on where i can look next?

matt

Does it happen all the time or just when you brake for the first time after changing direction (forward or back)? If the latter it sounds like they're just clonking inside the calipers which as far as I'm aware isn't a big deal, although annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It happens a lot of the time but not every time. Its once iv stopped. it happens if my foot is still on the brake pedal. 

if it inside the calliper, is there a cure for it? I noticed my brakes have started squealing again so wonder if the pads are moving.

19 hours ago, barnowl005095 said:

It happens a lot of the time but not every time. Its once iv stopped. it happens if my foot is still on the brake pedal. 

if it inside the calliper, is there a cure for it? I noticed my brakes have started squealing again so wonder if the pads are moving.

If it is clunking whilst you are stopped then that sounds like the ABS activating to me.  Nothing else could cause that if everything is static.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club