Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus estate advice please

unclesam

I am thinking of a Focus estate to replace our Golf TDi estate. It would be a 2012-14 model, most likely a Zetec trim level as that seems to have everything we need. It will be a manual gearbox - would like some advice about the best engine, the car will do about 20k miles pa so normal advice would be to go for the diesel - but the petrol models seem to be almost as economical and avoid all the problems with diesels like DPF etc.

Any advice what to look for and things to avoid much appreciated

What type of driving will you be doing? If you're on the motorway/dual carriageway for a good portion of that I'd go for the 1.6 TDCi personally. The ecoboosts are good but aren't a match for the TDCi's mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got the 1.6 tdci zetec and its been great so far. very economical car i cant see you having any problem with the DPF either if your up and down the motorway everyday. i do 200 motorway miles a week to work and back and it usually costs me about £18 a week in diesel.

My mum's Focus Estate 1.0 ecoboost will do about 40-45mpg.

The 1.6 TDCI will return better mpg. If you are doing the right journeys then DPF should not be an issue. When looking at used 1.6 TDCI cars though, make sure that the car has been serviced and had its oil changed regularly and at the correct intervals because the DV6 can have issues if not serviced properly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club