Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

V5 incorrect information

laumk7

My sons new car is down on the v5 as red.... thing is its VERY yellow and has never been subject to a respray. How can I solve this? 

This is the car 

media.jpg

That's weird, can't have always been red on the V5, someone should've noticed by now lol!  I assume you've checked the VIN is correct?

I'm fairly sure you just fill in a section of the V5 about 'changes to the vehicle' with a written letter about their mistake, how yellow it is, and I'd probably include a picture as well as proof.

• Like 2

I've just been on ford etis as well with the vin and it's also coming as red so I can only assume someone somewhere along the line entered the wrong digit! Lol

Thing is I don't want the car to be listed as having had a colour change modification, I just want it to tell the truth. The car still has original stickers (the roof for a start) so I trust implicitly it's never been resprayed 

• Like 1

If ETIS is showing it as red then it'll be harder to prove it was a mistake on the V5 and not a respray.

Vinyl is easily changed but there are usually other signs of a respray, overspray and inside door panels etc.  I think you'll have to get a 'competent person' to verify in writing that it's not had a colour change, Ford dealer or garage you bought it from maybe?  That's what has to be done with engine changes so I can only assume the same would apply here.

• Like 1

You tried the reg number in etis as well? (Stranger things have happened!)

• Like 1

ive never seen a yellow fiesta that age

• Like 1

check the vin identifiers match up, windscreen,door pillar vin plate and o/s/f strut top area under bonnet.

then check vin plate colour code, 7th box down

put reg no in www.totalcarcheck.co.uk , wont cost anything, and see what that says colour is

• Like 3

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

My sons new car is down on the v5 as red.... thing is its VERY yellow and has never been subject to a respray. How can I solve this? 

This is the car 

media.jpg

Check your colour code on your vin plate -> http://uk.nexaautocolor.com/media/227358/nexa_autocolor__ford_colour_codes_2002_to_2012.pdf

20 hours ago, iantt said:

ive never seen a yellow fiesta that age

It's a limited edition, one of only 4 or 500 ever made in 2007 😊 the '51' on the cars plate is part of the dealers name

I haven't checked the paint code yet, but no doubt that's colorado red as well.....:rolleyes: ahh well...

All vins match,  car is hpi clear and everything on car is original unfortunately including its cambelt I think (!)

I've just phoned ford who are willing to give a letter or email with the correct information on it to change the dvla v5 info. The car was made in Belfast and still has its northern Irish plate, which coincidentally matches that on etis.

By the sounds of ford admitting this so easily it sounds like it's happened before 

Daft question I know but what colour is the car under any internal trim etc?

Has it been wrapped in yellow I assume the engine bay is also yellow?

If the whole car is yellow then either it's had an expensive and full respray or it was a !Removed! up when registered, but normally someone would have noticed it was wrong before now.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it's this one:

The Zetec S "Anniversary" was a limited edition of 400 cars based on the Zetec S and included a Radian Yellow body, chequered roof, black mirrors and door handles, tinted glass, 16 in (41 cm) alloy wheels, black roof spoiler, sports seats, leather trim, an alarm, and an iPod socket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta#Limited_editions

car_photo_215749.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/16768/fiesta-zetec

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, simcor said:

Daft question I know but what colour is the car under any internal trim etc?

Has it been wrapped in yellow I assume the engine bay is also yellow?

If the whole car is yellow then either it's had an expensive and full respect or it was a !Removed! up when registered, but normally someone would have noticed it was wrong before now.

Whole car is yellow, inside panels and under bonnet / boot etc is very slightly brighter as sun hasn't faded it.

I'd have hoped someone would've noticed by now, but whilst googling I've heard all sorts of horror stories of 5 doors being 3 doors on v5c and so on :shock:

47 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I'm guessing it's this one:

The Zetec S "Anniversary" was a limited edition of 400 cars based on the Zetec S and included a Radian Yellow body, chequered roof, black mirrors and door handles, tinted glass, 16 in (41 cm) alloy wheels, black roof spoiler, sports seats, leather trim, an alarm, and an iPod socket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta#Limited_editions

car_photo_215749.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/16768/fiesta-zetec

That's the fella :thumbup:

• Like 1

A little different here but DVLA had my name as Clover instead of Glover. Had to pay £25 think it was for a new V5 and NOT once was anything said. So they could of made a mistake. 

You shouldn't have paid for the replacement V5 if your name was wrong Jamie.  Same as changing address, doesn't cost anything.  My surname has been wrong on half the V5s I've had but never bothered correcting them lol.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

You shouldn't have paid for the replacement V5 if your name was wrong Jamie.  Same as changing address, doesn't cost anything.  My surname has been wrong on half the V5s I've had but never bothered correcting them lol.

Exactly, not sure how he ended up paying £25?  Just fill it out as you would if changing address and post it off.  Changed for free.

You have to pay £25 if you lose the V5 so I can only assume he just applied for another one instead of filling in the change of details part maybe.

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You have to pay £25 if you lose the V5 so I can only assume he just applied for another one instead of filling in the change of details part maybe.

Sorry yeah I had to purchase a new one as came to renewing my tax it went missing, I should of said lol. But either way they had my name wrong even though they have a slip when you take ownership.  They havent even added a new ownership on it either. So they didnt even notice the name was wrong. Ah well dvla for you. 

They have the slip with some illegible hand writing on it usually though! :laugh: 

I always do it online now, cant get my name wrong when its typed!!  Also only takes a couple of days to get the new V5 when changing owner online. :smile: 

2 hours ago, JayG90 said:

A little different here but DVLA had my name as Clover instead of Glover. Had to pay £25 think it was for a new V5 and NOT once was anything said. So they could of made a mistake. 

Really?! The name was wrong on mine too (they put Robertson instead of Roberson...:wallbash:) Just sent sent it back! 

4 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Whole car is yellow, inside panels and under bonnet / boot etc is very slightly brighter as sun hasn't faded it.

I'd have hoped someone would've noticed by now, but whilst googling I've heard all sorts of horror stories of 5 doors being 3 doors on v5c and so on :shock:

Very odd, it would still be worrying me and ringing alarm bells if I am honest, in 10-11 years no one has picked up the fact it is yellow not red even though it shows on the V5 as red?

Insurance, "the colour of your car is red yes?" "er no it's yellow, well it says here it's red" just seems way too long a time for it to have never been picked up on.

Just my cynical mind maybe.

10 hours ago, simcor said:

Very odd, it would still be worrying me and ringing alarm bells if I am honest, in 10-11 years no one has picked up the fact it is yellow not red even though it shows on the V5 as red?

Insurance, "the colour of your car is red yes?" "er no it's yellow, well it says here it's red" just seems way too long a time for it to have never been picked up on.

Just my cynical mind maybe.

Tbh if the only way around it is to declare a colour change (respray) rather thanot an amendment I'd probably leave it as well, as it's obvious car isn't red but declaring a colour change affects it's future market value iykwim. 

BTW car is only 8yrs old not 10/11 :wink:

1 hour ago, laumk7 said:

Tbh if the only way around it is to declare a colour change (respray) rather thanot an amendment I'd probably leave it as well, as it's obvious car isn't red but declaring a colour change affects it's future market value iykwim. 

BTW car is only 8yrs old not 10/11 :wink:

I just can't understand how it has not been picked up in 8 years, either by insurance, owners dealers/car sales places and ANPR.

If it is down as Red and you would expect previous owners to have pulled by the police numerous times.

I would suggest you write or speak to the DVLA and see what they say about it, as long as you have evidence that is has never been resprayed and documentation to that effect it won't have any effect on future value. If you have it writing that it was a mistake then people can see it has been done properly and was a mistake not a colour change.

Mistakes do happen on V5's but for it to have been unnoticed for so long is rather odd and worrying in my mind.

• Like 2

ANPR doesn't even show MOT so I doubt it shows colour lol, would only be found if the cop specifically did a reg check call.  I don't remember ever being asked the colour for insurance either, it just comes up in that 'assumption' block that no one ever reads.  I'm amazed no-one else has noticed it on the V5 though lol.

Have you tried googling the reg number?  Long shot I know but as it's a rare car might be an old forum post & picture of it somewhere.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club