Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Introducing my son's 'new' car

laumk7

It's a special edition 30th anniversary fiesta, one of only 400 ever made in this colour - it's got its own personal number on the dash. Made in the old Ford plant Belfast in 2007.

It's a petrol 1.6 zetec s and is his first ever car, I'm going to be "babysitting " it until he can start having private lessons on it. 

I've told him to keep it as original as possible as it's a future classic car 

media (4).jpg

media (3).jpg

media (2).jpg

media (1).jpg

media.jpg

• Like 6

Looks very tidy. And hope he can keep it original. 

• Like 1

Lovely shade of red on these. :wink:

But seriously, looks really good, hope he appreciates it! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Did you price up the insurance for him? Might be a bit high dependent on his age, with that particular engine size etc. Nice car though, think they done a lime-green coloured one too from memory.

• Like 1

Looks nice! I bet he's very pleased. :smile:

Is he turning 17 then? If so he's the same age as me...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dave_k said:

Did you price up the insurance for him? Might be a bit high dependent on his age, with that particular engine size etc. Nice car though, think they done a lime-green coloured one too from memory.

As there's a big distance between me and he (and as he can't drive it until hes passed) I'm the one insuring it in my name with him as a named provisional driver until he passes then v5c and insurance will be put into his name with me as a named driver.  This is costing £300 odd pound. When he passes im expecting his insurance to be the approx value of the car every year :lol:

The reason im doing this this way is if the car stays his end it'll just go rusty and rot whereas this end i can potter about in it between lessons to keep everything running. Not to mention I can't take any risks. 

In fact as a quick edit it just run a quote as if he passed yesterday and it's coming back at just over £2k which isn't as bad as I first thought 

They did them in yellow, red and lime green limited to 1000 cars or something. I know there were only 400 yellow ones.

Might well take it to Ford fair next year tbh

14 hours ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Looks nice! I bet he's very pleased. :smile:

Is he turning 17 then? If so he's the same age as me...

He's over the moon excited and can't wait to drive it.

He was actually 22 back in March, but has never until now shown any interest in driving, despite my best efforts when he was 17 lol

Ah there's a lime green one that comes to a lot of local meets, I didn't realise it was a standard/special edition thing though!

Being 22 should help his insurance, even without any NCB, don't think I could've waited that long though lol!

• Like 1

The anniversary edition is a zetec s with a few extras thrown on £1400 worth according to autoexpress), the checkered flag roof, sports full leather seats and checkered flag doorsills and personal number on the dash are a dead giveaway though. Failing all that it's had a respray lol

Fantastic car. I have a real soft spot for special edition models. It looks to be in great condition too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, laumk7 said:

As there's a big distance between me and he (and as he can't drive it until hes passed) I'm the one insuring it in my name with him as a named provisional driver until he passes then v5c and insurance will be put into his name with me as a named driver.  This is costing £300 odd pound. When he passes im expecting his insurance to be the approx value of the car every year :lol:

The reason im doing this this way is if the car stays his end it'll just go rusty and rot whereas this end i can potter about in it between lessons to keep everything running. Not to mention I can't take any risks. 

In fact as a quick edit it just run a quote as if he passed yesterday and it's coming back at just over £2k which isn't as bad as I first thought 

They did them in yellow, red and lime green limited to 1000 cars or something. I know there were only 400 yellow ones.

Might well take it to Ford fair next year tbh

Fair enough, just a bit unusual to have a car with that engine size for a first car. Something like a 1.25 zetec would have been a better option for a newly passed driver for obvious reasons. And the insurance in his name should be around the 1k mark with the 1.25 fiesta car, as opposed to what you've been quoted for him in the 1.6!

Very nice first car. 

Nice first car that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi,

When your son needs to sort out insurance in his own name please feel free to give us a try. We'd be only too pleased to help.

Regards,

Dan.

13 hours ago, laumk7 said:

The anniversary edition is a zetec s with a few extras thrown on £1400 worth according to autoexpress), the checkered flag roof, sports full leather seats and checkered flag doorsills and personal number on the dash are a dead giveaway though. Failing all that it's had a respray lol

I saw it again at a local meet tonight (the green one), had a better look round and it is a genuine anniversary one same as this. :smile: 

On 27/05/2016 at 8:22 AM, laumk7 said:

It's a special edition 30th anniversary fiesta, one of only 400 ever made in this colour - it's got its own personal number on the dash. Made in the old Ford plant Belfast in 2007.

It's a petrol 1.6 zetec s and is his first ever car, I'm going to be "babysitting " it until he can start having private lessons on it. 

media (4).jpg

media (3).jpg

media (2).jpg

media (1).jpg

media.jpg

Looks class mate, I'm sure he will have some fun in that!!

Update. We pulled out last minute of getting the car. Pm me and I'll tell you for why ☺

Update. We pulled out last minute of getting the car. Pm me and I'll tell you for why ☺

Why the pull out please?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So it was never actually your son's car?

im intrigued?

I hate yellow cars in general so it's best I don't comment, lol 

Reckon the yellow is that Daytona yellow colour from the 80's ? Nice in a good way :wub:

7 hours ago, laumk7 said:

Do tell us all ? :war:

On 27/05/2016 at 8:22 AM, laumk7 said:

media (4).jpg

media (3).jpg

media (2).jpg

media (1).jpg

media.jpg

thats beautiful. I love the colour.

butttttt i can guarantee all your sons friends are gonna be punching each other because it's yellow. 

I'd kinda hope they've grown out of that by their 20s Jack! :laugh: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club