Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Programming Key Fob, arghh!

Mattypompy

Cannot enter remote programming mode
Hey Peeps,
 My issue is i have a 3 button remote for my mk1 focus tdci 2002 and i cannot get the vehicle to enter programming mode to program the remote lock / unlock function on the key, i get no "gong" or any noise, and i cannot figure out what the issue is, here is what i have tried so far

: Position 1 - 2 4 times, no response Position 0 - 2 4 times, no response Position 2-1 4 times, no response
Plugged out central locking control unit connections, left for 40 minutes reconnected, and tried the above again. Disconnect battery for 20 minutes and tried again no result. Something, somewhere else must be the issue, my last resort is bothering you guys, but as you can see i've tried a fair amount of things.

Basically it was working fine then I changed the battery for no particular reason now it's dead. The CL works manually from inside but i only have a key that manually opens tailgate not doors, so thats how i'm getting in atm! Dont wanna go to Fords!!

Thanks!😀

you need to be quick easiest way Is o to pos 2 4 times in six seconds you will hear the noise press any button on the fob and spare fobs then you'll hear the noise again now switch off its getting it within the 4 seconds if it doesn't work pos o-1

I'll give it another go buddy. Cheers.:smile:

No joy. Dunno what's wrong with it as everything was fine before I changed the fob battery. Don't see how it could be the CL module as that is locking manually. The programming mode just won't operate, don't really want to try Ford or an auto electrician but may have to. Maybe I'm just doing the programming wrong but I don't see how.

Any other suggestions would be fan.

Thanks.😀😀

Try a different fob battery.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I've tried two batteries both tested with a DVM. The thing is the car won't go into programming mode as there is no chime and no continuous led unless that's not always the case, then I guess it could be the fob?

Thanks so much..

I've tried two batteries both tested with a DVM. The thing is the car won't go into programming mode as there is no chime and no continuous led unless that's not always the case, then I guess it could be the fob?

Thanks so much..

If I get a solution I will post up here for others.

Mine does not chime anymore when I do the key sequence but it chimes when I press the buttons on my remote and still reprograms them but I know I have a dicky gem after it got wet. I need to replace my gem at some point.

Does yours chime when you press the remote buttons or not after doing the key sequence?

I get no chime at all even when pressing fob. I suppose I could get a new fob and try that just in case I damaged it while changing battery? About £8 on eBay. I was just about to call Ford's or an auto electrician. Might be worth a try? I have tried everything. Fuse checks, key sequence, fob battery test, cl unit unplug and multiplug in glovebox. I'm defeated if fob doesn't work. Maybe I need an ecu update or some system reset. Cheers anyway.

Arghh!!!!

Hi

Just got my focus and had to re-programme my key.  Combination of flat car battery and flat remote battery had broken the link between fob and car.  Tried several times, but in the end it was steady but quick turning that cured the problem.  If you sit with everything electrical switched off you can hear the noise, but it sound like a quiet service bell you hear in old hotels. Once you get that noise, the red light above the clock comes on and you can then sort out you key fob.

It takes patience, but should happen eventually.  If not go indoors, have a pint and try again an hour later:tongue:

Last bit of advice sounds great mate!! Will try your suggestion. Cheers😁😁😁😁😁

• 2 weeks later...

OK so the mechanic looked at this today and couldn't fix it. He reckoned the ignition switch/barrel is worn and therefore will not initiate 'programming mode' via the key movements. It is a bit worn. He reckons replace then reprogram key.

Any advice to an easier solution??!!!

Cheers

Changed ignition switch and barrel. Still cannot get into 'programming mode'. Any ideas guys, I'm getting to the point of quitting!

Not worth getting Ford or an autoelectrician to look at it.

if nothings working then all I can suggest I check all the fuses maybe ones blown I'm sure there's one for cl in either the footwell or engine bay also make sure all the connectors on the fusebox are fully in if thats all okay sounds like the cl module may have gone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club