Do Not Sell My Personal Information

looking at buying my 1st fiesta

the_mighty_gringo

Hi fellow car enthusiasts, have a question to all the members on here, after test driving the 1.0 ecoboost fiesta, (fell in love with it) i am really interested in getting one of these (as very very impressed with it)

have a couple of questions/concerns, have heard a few horror stories about the 1.0 and 1.6 ecoboost fiestas (not substantiated though) that these engines are prone to blowing, and quite a few have gone bang !! esp the st and the 1.0 in the fiesta and focus 1.0, the weak link is the hoses in the cars, is this true can this be confirmed? and would upgrading the pipes be recommended ?

heard of some cars with sub 10k, 16k and under 20k miles going bang !!!! and lots of these blowing their engines !! just wana make sure before i commit to buying one........ as i said, never driven a fiesta before, and is a much much better car than the previous corsa (CRAP) i had......... thanks

The hoses have now pretty much all been replaced. the problem was defective materials which and all effected cars were called in for the parts to be swapped free of charge.

If you purchase one, enter the reg/VIN on Ford ETIS and make sure nothing is outstanding.

The 1.0 ecoboost is a truly amazing engine, and the chassis is brilliant both in the corners and in the straights.

I'm currently driving a 1.0 zetec S 125ps although this will soon be going Stage 2 and pushing 180bhp!

The engines are extremely tunable, yet drivable & impressive from the factory.

They're brilliant on fuel when you want them to be, and okay when you put your foot down!

Buy an ecoboost, trust me, you won't regret it

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 3

It was only the focus that had brittle plastic hoses, and should have been replaced a long time ago under recall.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, the_mighty_gringo said:

Hi fellow car enthusiasts, have a question to all the members on here, after test driving the 1.0 ecoboost fiesta, (fell in love with it) i am really interested in getting one of these (as very very impressed with it)

have a couple of questions/concerns, have heard a few horror stories about the 1.0 and 1.6 ecoboost fiestas (not substantiated though) that these engines are prone to blowing, and quite a few have gone bang !! esp the st and the 1.0 in the fiesta and focus 1.0, the weak link is the hoses in the cars, is this true can this be confirmed? and would upgrading the pipes be recommended ?

heard of some cars with sub 10k, 16k and under 20k miles going bang !!!! and lots of these blowing their engines !! just wana make sure before i commit to buying one........ as i said, never driven a fiesta before, and is a much much better car than the previous corsa (CRAP) i had......... thanks

Hi,

I have had my 1.0 Eco boost fiesta zs for about 8 months and its almost 1 year old. i have never heard of them blowing.... 0_0 hope that issue has been solved but i would really recommend getting one as they are great cars and well worth the money!!

Cheers

Adam

• Like 1

The only time I have heard of people blowing them is when they're trying to get big power from them... Stage 1 seems to be okay but I've heard it's when you start upgrading parts the standard parts can't take it and give up!

• Like 1

I've done nearly 600 miles since I bought my Fiesta Ecoboost 100 and there's no way I'm going to part with it.

• Like 1

The only time I have heard of people blowing them is when they're trying to get big power from them... Stage 1 seems to be okay but I've heard it's when you start upgrading parts the standard parts can't take it and give up!

The 1.0 has been pushed to over 210bhp & tested for over 30k with no problems

It's when people try pushing for higher power without upgrading the necessary parts or getting a cheap remap that issues happen.

I'm going stage 2 with Revo and pushing it to the point that the factory pistons are safe. Will probably go forged in the future

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

thanks all for your info and advice... :smile:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club