Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Im so broke

jack1997

I want to tint my car, buy seat covers, new wheel trims, tyre dressing, new matching comfort/quiet tyres, new stereo head unit.

This is all quite cheap stuff compared to what you guys do, but im an 18 year old working 2 evenings delivery making only 50 bobs a week :( and already have living expenses (basically having a girlfriend)

idk why im making this thread, im just sad. I want more money. Protip: if you wanna spend money on your car, dont get a girlfriend.

• Like 1

Surely you can pick up more hours? But look at ways to save cash on your mods, if you dont play CD's get a mechless head unit they can be 15 quid cheaper or so, thre dressing really is inexpensive, wheel trims 25 quid, if times are tough go to a breakers yard :) plenty pf ways you can mod your car for pennies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Having a car full stop is a privilege...  Without sounding harsh - you should count yourself lucky!!

I work 40+ hours per week and can barely keep mine on the road, let alone spend extra money on it.

• Like 5

Most of us start off with no money , crap paid jobs when young, only a few fortunate enough to have good start to car ownership.

• Like 4

I never had 2 pennies to scratch my ar-- er-- bottom with until in my current job.

Now I have a paid for house and a new car.

Took 25 years to get a new car for the first time (once the mortgage finished).

All goog things come to those who wait.

• Like 8

All good things come to those who wait, yeh then kids come along, then the divorce. Start again with mortgage until after your supposed to retire, but won't retire because you can't afford to. Lol am I painting the wrong picture for these youngsters Clive. Ha ha

• Like 3

I'm not bitter really. Lol

• Like 3

I know how you feel, I've got a 61 plate Focus(obviously on finance) and having 2 kids and a wife I'm looking at giving the car up & going & buying a Mondeo or something, I'm doing about 70-90 hours a week(depends if its weekend on or not).  Basic wage is £7.50 an hour, overtime is £11 BUT I've got 2 tax bills to pay & my employed tax is still an emergency code lol.  We've had Child tax credits cut by about £113 a week & we have a mortgage to pay on top of that, all at the grand old age of 24.  Of course we all make a rod for our own back but I didn't expect it to quite go how it's going lol.  At the end of the day dude, good things come to those who go out & get it, that's why I'm working my nut off as I have ambitions.  Don't worry to much about modding your car yet, we all want nice looking & fast cars but to be honest( this is speaking from experience) don't waste your money on mods yet, save up for a mortgage then sort the mods out.  Also when until you get married mate, then women all of a sudden get really really expensive

• Like 4

Just realised how that came across, not accusing you/anybody else of not having ambitions lol. 

• Like 2

if you want life's little luxury's don't get married in first place and have kids yocant have your cake and eat it sort out what you want in life

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

All good things come to those who wait, yeh then kids come along, then the divorce. Start again with mortgage until after your supposed to retire, but won't retire because you can't afford to. Lol am I painting the wrong picture for these youngsters Clive. Ha ha

You're painting the realistic picture, no point deluding people.  My view is expect the worst and hope for the best, that way you can't be disappointed.  Maybe it'll work out and maybe it won't, but either way you still have to get up every day and do what is required to pay the bills.

• Like 3

Use a condom or keep in your pants.lol

• Like 4

Back to the original post anyway, dump the girlfriend and find one with money so she buy your mods,

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, theredfox said:

if you want life's little luxury's don't get married in first place and have kids yocant have your cake and eat it sort out what you want in life

I'd have to disagree with that, we've only been married 2 months but been together 8 years, Amelia is 4 & Ashley is 2.  I've got everything I want in life, EXCEPT my own farm & a Ford Capri with a Big Block v8 in it lol.  

• Like 3

Just now, iantt said:

Back to the original post anyway, dump the girlfriend and find one with money so she buy your mods,

Or do a me, marry a farmers daughter who has tonnes of land and your in the will to receive it, when they go face down in their cornflakes, sell the lot.  BOOOOMMMM!!!! Air hangar full of shiny cars & truck lmao

• Like 3

So your planning, sorry mean there could be a unfortunate drowning incident involving cornflakes and disproportionate amount of milk in said bowl?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Or do a me, marry a farmers daughter who has tonnes of land and your in the will to receive it, when they go face down in their cornflakes, sell the lot.  BOOOOMMMM!!!! Air hangar full of shiny cars & truck lmao

Sounds like an episode of Columbo...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iantt said:

So your planning, sorry mean there could be a unfortunate drowning incident involving cornflakes and disproportionate amount of milk in said bowl?

Hahahahahaha that would be quick amusing. "course of death, a bowl full of cornflakes & a bit to enthusiastic with the milk"

• Like 2

I couldn't do that to my beloved, for one thing she don't like cornflakes and second I love cornflakes and wouldn't waste them . She likes porridge though!! Mmmm. That could get messy. Lol

• Like 3

Just now, iantt said:

I couldn't do that to my beloved, for one thing she don't like cornflakes and second I love cornflakes and wouldn't waste them . She likes porridge though!! Mmmm. That could get messy. Lol

You've never met the mother in law at the time of the month lol.  She is Satan lol.  Ohh can't waste a good cereal like porridge

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theredfox said:

Since getting married I pay minimum €2,500 less per year on tax, get alot of mods with that 😁

• Like 1

Im only 25. I've just had 80 hours a month taken from me at work with a 12 hour notice which they didn't even provide me I rang up and said where have all my shifts gone. That's half my wages down the drain.  

I started my own company up which was doing well but not enough to leave my current job, my employee decides to change my hours stopping me do my own business so that had to stop. 

I have a fiancée who luckily doesn't demand, but even if she did she wouldn't get as I'm not that sort of person. I treat someone because they deserve it not because she is my fiancée. 

My point is, at 18 years of age I couldn't even afford a car nevermind mod it, near everything I've got, I've worked for, saved for and earnt it. The fact of life is its going to be hard unless you're lucky. But best of all and trust me I'm broke at the moment - when you're £2,500 in debt with a destroyed credit history (I was once on top of everything until work hit me hard) then you can sit back and say 'I'm broke'. Get your head down, think what you want and earn it and believe me you'll appreciate whatever you get a whole lot more and will have a smile right on your face. 

Sorry if I'm coming across harsh, I'm not. Just saying save up you'll appreciate things a lot more and you're only 18, you've got a long way in life yet. 

• Like 7

I couldn't agree more Jamie - especially regarding spending money on women.  I didn't want to be rude to the OP, but if his girlfriend doesn't appreciate his lack of money and still wants things from him, then she isn't really the kind of person to keep in your life.  Either that or the OP hasn't explained his situation to her, in which case he should and then see what her reaction is. 

At 18 I didn't have a girlfriend, car, or driving licence!  At 20 I now have a car and (God willing) will have my full licence in a few months, but everything has been gradual for me and I think that is the best way.  Financially I couldn't have afforded to do it any quicker, so anybody who can (even if they are broke) is better off than I am/was.

• Like 3

Are you studying mate? If not then I'd be on the hunt for a new job or more hours.

I left school at 16 and have been working since. If you want something, go get it! Work your ar$e off and it will pay off in the end. 

Im pretty fortunate with my job at my age and the pay is good. But even so, I still want more. Its a natural thing pal! I'm 18 too :smile:

You're 18 mate don't invest too much money on your girlfriend, enjoy yourself keep your friends close. I spent thousands upon thousands on my ex (Yes ex) when I was 18-22 massive mistake as we're no longer together, teach yourself to save your money, if you smoke don't smoke easier to stop at a young age I've heard.