Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2002 1.4 TDCi Flywheel SMF or DMF?

AaronHickey

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum (or any forum for about 8 years :tongue:)! I have been visiting the site for a few months since I got my Fiesta but never thought to make an account.

But anyway, my clutch has been slipping for quite a while and recently it's become just unbearable. Me and my friend fancy having a go at changing it ourselves but I'm struggling to find out the flywheel type on my particular Fiesta. 

The Fiesta in question is a 2002, Duratorq-TDCi (68ps) with a B5/IB5 transmission. I entered my VIN number on Etis but I haven't managed to find a concrete answer on there either. The clutch has been changed once in the car's 120K life, but looking through the papers for the car I can't find anything about a flywheel change. This leads me to believe that it might be SMF, just because it's my understanding that a DMF would most probably be showing signs of wear by now. But I don't really want to base my choice off of this and I'm certainly no expert on clutches or flywheels.

If somebody could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance! :smile:

SMF I believe

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

1 hour ago, GingerFlame said:

SMF I believe

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

That's the answer I'm hoping for, don't fancy paying out for a new DMF :tongue:

Tddi engines are SMF where as tdci engines are DMF unless anyone knows otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the clutch done by a mechanic, and figured I should update this topic in case anybody stumbles across it in the future. It ended up being a DMF, even the mechanic wasn't sure on the flywheel type until he opened it up. Ended up having to replace the Flywheel as it was badly worn (to be expected after 120,000 miles). Supplying my own Valeo clutch, the Flywheel and Master cylinder along with labor cost me £552. So in total it cost me about £620.

Hope this helps somebody one day!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club