Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Wheel Adjustment

russellf

Hi, I have just tried to adjust the steering wheel, as I have done before, and it moves up down no problems.

However, in the manual it states that the wheel adjusts backwards and forwards aswell...well my one will not budge in those directions.

Is there a special knack to do this, or is it faulty??

Hi, I have just tried to adjust the steering wheel, as I have done before, and it moves up down no problems.

However, in the manual it states that the wheel adjusts backwards and forwards aswell...well my one will not budge in those directions.

Is there a special knack to do this, or is it faulty??

the manual seems to apply to several models. as mine only moves up and down also and i have a titanium.

Not sure about the Titaniums, but I just have a basic Mk7 Zetec 1.4 and the steering wheel does move forwards and backwards, (as well as up and down). It is quite stiff, but does move with a bit of welly!

[EDIT]: I've just had a look at the Fiesta brochure, and ALL the models are supposed to have 'rake-and-reach' adjustable steering wheels (which I'm assuming means forwards/backwards & up/down) ... so I'm guessing the Titaniums should also have this feature.

Sarc.

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

Not sure about the Titaniums, but I just have a basic Mk7 Zetec 1.4 and the steering wheel does move forwards and backwards, (as well as up and down). It is quite stiff, but does move with a bit of welly!

[EDIT]: I've just had a look at the Fiesta brochure, and ALL the models are supposed to have 'rake-and-reach' adjustable steering wheels (which I'm assuming means forwards/backwards & up/down) ... so I'm guessing the Titaniums should also have this feature.

Sarc.

Yup. My Zetec S does both, and it moves really easily as well.

Methinks the Titanium owners with their fancy gizmos have gone soft. :lol:

I have a Zetec and my wheel has reach and rake as well.

Just flip the lever and PULL! It helps if you're lifting up a bit as well as that's how it seems to like moving.

Methinks the Titanium owners with their fancy gizmos have gone soft. :lol:

I have a Zetec and my wheel has reach and rake as well.

Just flip the lever and PULL! It helps if you're lifting up a bit as well as that's how it seems to like moving.

Ok...Thanks

I will give it a go..........but I won't be happy if I have to hand it in to the Ford dealer seperately from the car !! :lol:

Ok...Thanks

I will give it a go..........but I won't be happy if I have to hand it in to the Ford dealer seperately from the car !! :lol:

When I said 'give it some welly' I don't mean pulling it off its steering column. (I can't be held responsible for any car damage, teeth lost or air bags going off unexpectedly!!!) :P :lol:

--------------------

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Colorado red, (3-door/petrol/manual transmission), QuickClear heated windscreen, bog-standard 15" alloys, chrome bits here there and everywhere, real spare wheel instead of the 'shaving foam' tyre repair kit which is normally supplied. (Would have also liked a built-in Jelly Baby dispenser, but sadly they haven't been invented yet). Ordered on 21st July. Build date: 5th September (Valencia). Delivery date: 29th Sept (2009)

If anyone is interested I've done my own, personal REVIEW of the car, which includes loads of photos etc. Please click the following banner:

minibanneranimated.gif

When I said 'give it some welly' I don't mean pulling it off its steering column. (I can't be held responsible for any car damage, teeth lost or air bags going off unexpectedly!!!) :P :lol:

--------------------

minibanneranimated.gif

Ok...Fair enough, I will go easy. Thanks.

I might leave it for December, when the car has it's three month check up!

Let the dealer try it !!

My steering wheel moved forward and backward really easily, no welly required! :lol:

can you do this while driving?

i have done it with the engine running but not while the car is moving...

can you do this while driving?

i have done it with the engine running but not while the car is moving...

i would not advise it even if you could :o

My titanium does the forward, backward thing. Though I'm still trying to find my best seating position, after having had the car since May :)

I have a titanium model and as Sarc says it does come with rake & reach, but you do need to drop the lever under the column beforehand

…. Just in case you didn’t realise :)

• 9 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club