Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Caught dangerous driver on dashcam

laumk7

On my way home from work this morning  (I work nights) I caught a dangerous driver on the roads - silver audi saloon thingymajig thing is transferring the recording onto the  pooter the cambelt is focused on my filthy windscreen rather than his reg :sad:

Can the police still do him if found from this footage? When I called in by the time I got through (101 service) I'd forgotten half the registration :sad:

I'd hate to think he got away with doing nearly a ton on a A road and about 50-60 on a 30 and overtaking a cyclist extremely wide - going into oncoming traffic which had to take evasive action

I'm sure the police could check the local ANPR/CCTV cameras in the area for the time the incident took place in order to track down the reg.

I'd be interested to see the footage though.  It makes me want to get my dash cam hooked back up as there are numerous things I could have reported to the police lately, 9 out of 10 incidents involving Vauxhall Corsas.

• Like 1

Some police areas do accept and investigate private camera footage but there  very few and far between, i sent this one in to Blunderside (Humberside) & North Yorkshire Police and have heard nothing back.

This is on the road coming out of Scarborough to Bridlington, as i was heading back to Hull from a day at the seaside with the wife, some crank in a Seat appears behind me and just flies past in to oncoming traffic across double solid white lines.

What an absolute prat.  I've got no problem with people overtaking (I do it often enough myself), but is it too much to ask that you do so when it is LEGAL and SAFE? 

The worst thing is that in most cases where a head-on collision occurs, it is the victim that is killed and the idiot overtaking that survives with "minor injuries". 

If you overtake on solid lines you should be banned from driving as there is absolutely NO excuse. 

• Like 1

If you can remember part reg and car type then police should be able to trace this idiot.

agree with above comment I am gonna buy 1 also coz amount of clowns I could of reported is unreal.

also I am the same I overtake all time but only when safe to do so.

cant be done with this people putting life's at risk.

think it's funny in away when they risk there life and later on you catch up with them anyway doing normal speed n say to ourselves was it really worth all that hassle 

17 minutes ago, Michael9 said:

WX10MTK i think

Nope, thats a kubota Tractor, close . Lol .

Damien having a good dash cam fitted gives you that piece of mind in case there is a disputed indecent, my camera caught a young lad getting knocked off his moped at a roundabout one morning going to work, i had to go up a road and turn round to get back and when i did this bloke was arguing with this lad about who's fault it was, the lad was on the verge of giving in as the fella was really bullying him until i got out.
All i said to the lad was have you got an email address and i will send you my cam footage and you can just forward it to your insurer, the bloke started to get aggressive with me as well until i pulled out a baseball bat from my boot and smiled at him.
The bloke exchanged details with the lad and drove off calling me a few choice words, couple of months later the lad emailed me to say thank you, and that the bloke had argued who's fault it was until his insurance company sent the footage to the daft blokes insurer who then settled the lads claim, and low and behold cancelled the blokes insurance for submitting a false claim. lol

58 minutes ago, Figgis41 said:

Damien having a good dash cam fitted gives you that piece of mind in case there is a disputed indecent, my camera caught a young lad getting knocked off his moped at a roundabout one morning going to work, i had to go up a road and turn round to get back and when i did this bloke was arguing with this lad about who's fault it was, the lad was on the verge of giving in as the fella was really bullying him until i got out.
All i said to the lad was have you got an email address and i will send you my cam footage and you can just forward it to your insurer, the bloke started to get aggressive with me as well until i pulled out a baseball bat from my boot and smiled at him.
The bloke exchanged details with the lad and drove off calling me a few choice words, couple of months later the lad emailed me to say thank you, and that the bloke had argued who's fault it was until his insurance company sent the footage to the daft blokes insurer who then settled the lads claim, and low and behold cancelled the blokes insurance for submitting a false claim. lol

I love a happy ending!! :happy:

Lol the baseball bat bit made me chuckle some people just think they own the roads.

i will admit am not the best driver and I make mistakes at times we all do.

but there's making mistakes n been stupid

31 minutes ago, Damien said:

Lol the baseball bat bit made me chuckle some people just think they own the roads.

i will admit am not the best driver and I make mistakes at times we all do.

but there's making mistakes n been stupid

Exactly.  There is no such thing as a perfect driver, but there are definitely dangerous ones...

Yeh n it's them who think there the perfect drivers 🤔😂😂😂😂

i was driving at weekend a car was overtaking coming towards me didn't see it coz was on a bend only seen it last min as I was approaching bend this clown still on my side road just made it in n just missed a head on.

i like to be considerate to other road users and plan ahead, i rode motor bikes for most of my life so you tend to look for things developing and avoid if possible, yes i also make mistakes like the rest of us and try to hold my hands up quickly to acknowledge this to other drivers which tends to diffuse certain situations, but stupid and dangerous driving i stay away from, i did all that on bikes when i was much younger and pain the penalty's,, 

The bat is for when im being less considerate, i also carry a ball and glove so it looks like the bat is suppose to be there if you get me, Hull is a very funny place at the moment and i have a family to look after. :smile:

One of my main reasons for fitting dash cams was a little trick that started in Hull about 7-8 years ago, we have a lot of eastern European workers in Hull plus a large asylum seeker community, both are welcome the way i see it but both groups  brings along some less unsavoury characters as well as our own set of Hull scum bags, anyway, the new trick which our new guests started doing was for a car to be at lights usually 2 up and wait for a nice looking newish car with just a driver to pull up behind, the two people first in the queue then shove it in to reverse and ram the car behind,  they say you rear ended them and its 2 against 1 and your in a pickle, claims go in and your the guilty party.

It got that bad in some areas you would see a 20 ft gap between cars at the lights lol, so i had dash cameras fitted and so did a lot of other people which has tended to stop the claim game now thank god.