Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer fluid reservoir

eagle_gr

Kinda stupid question but since I bought the car (5 months ago) I have no idea on how to change\fill the windscreen washer fluid reservoir.

The reservoir has an odd shape and I cant see where the current fluid level or the maximum level is.

Can anyone show me? (pics would be appreciated :lol: )

Also, should I fill it with simple water or add something to the "solution"?

note: I have the 1,6 zetec s version

thnx!!! :rolleyes:

The window washer reservoir is on the right hand side, has a blue lid and a picture of a windscreen on it. It shows you in the manual...

To top it up, simply pour in a solution of screenwash and distilled/bottled water. Don't use normal tap water as the dissolved minerals could clog up your nozzles.

Depending on the weather, you will want to change the ratios to prevent freezing etc. My normal ratio is around 15-20% screenwash and 80-85% water although for winter you'll want more screenwash.

I normally fill up to the top of the narrow section.

The window washer reservoir is on the right hand side, has a blue lid and a picture of a windscreen on it. It shows you in the manual...

I know which one but I didnt know how much "solution" should I put inside

My normal ratio is around 15-20% screenwash
any particular brand? :P
I normally fill up to the top of the narrow section.

that means that I should fill it all the way to the top, correct? :huh:

about 10-20% screenwash in summer, up to 50% for winter (screenwash also acts as an anti-freeze to the solution)

Any brand you like;)

Ans yes, fill it to the top - but be careful - you might want to add it using a small jug or something with a decent spout, to prevent spilling onto the paint. If you get neat (undiluted) screenwash on the paintwork, rinse with plenty of water to get it off).

I just use Halfords concentrate at the moment. It's BRIGHT yellow! :lol: Was tempted by the lemon/apple scented ones though.

I fill mine with a funnel, saves on splashes.

I just use Halfords concentrate at the moment. It's BRIGHT yellow! :lol: Was tempted by the lemon/apple scented ones though.

I fill mine with a funnel, saves on splashes.

not glued up on this myself when you say concentrate does that mean its already made up to pour in?

thanks

not glued up on this myself when you say concentrate does that mean its already made up to pour in?

thanks

no mate - concentrate is the undiluted solution - you need to dilute it with water to whatever strength you choose before putting it in

no mate - concentrate is the undiluted solution - you need to dilute it with water to whatever strength you choose before putting it in

thanks

You can get premixed screen wash but it's a lot more expensive and you can't change the concentration.

- Take concentrate (25%), mix with water (75%).

- Open the blue washer cap

- Administer fluid with funnel

Fiesta with Washer fluid........Done!

Don't use normal tap water as the dissolved minerals could clog up your nozzles...

People have been successively using tap water in their washer reservoirs for 349582394 years.

• Like 1

People have been successively using tap water in their washer reservoirs for 349582394 years.

Yeah... I remember the good ol' days. Windscreen wipers made from flint and "Run Flat" tyres made of granite. Those things lasted forever!.

Just a shame the windscreens themselves were made of slate...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club