Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus tdci mk2 decat

biggy119

Does anyone now where I can get a decat for the focus tdci mk2 

Or if anyone has a guide to getting it off the I can knock it through the 

Why decat it? It'll throw massive EMl lights and chuck a huge amount of black smoke out.... Which will fail an MoT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going in for a re map this week . And I now that if you remove cat the turbo will spin up better  giving more free flow .

CAT doesn't do much on a diesel, it'll pass MOT without it if its running well, just kick the ar$e out of it before you go in for the MOT to clear her pipes out, not that it really makes any difference, if its bad then them  just do it a few more times and it'll be fine as long as the engine is running well. 

Just mind that if the remap is an off the shelf remap then it won't make much difference, very few remaps are actual dyno tested and modified for the specific car and conditions, you could go to all the effort and only get a slight gain which you would get regardless if you remapped it or not.

Hi mate thanks for your reply . 

Yea I'm taking it to celtic tuning do you no how to take the cat off ? 

Undo the nuts and pull it...nothing complicated lol.  Its right underneath on the 1.8 I thought?

I personally wouldn't bother with decat though.  I've had remaps with and without decats and it doesn't make much difference, cats are free flowing like a sponge, not like a DPF which is like blowing through a brick.  Are you changing another part of the exhaust?

• Like 1

Wouldn't bother with decat I spoke to Celtic tuning for mine last year for my 1.8 focus tdci could get it to 150bhp can't remember the torque though.

was gonna go with them as well recommended but lucky for me a place opened in my area who was cheaper.

you do notice a difference well worth the money

OK I might not bother then tbh  . I did want to at some point put a cat back on but maybe I'll just leave it 

Catback will be far more noticeable than a decat, that's what I go with through choice. :smile: 

what is the difference in the noise with a straight through pipe then  remove cat

Noise with a full straight through is basically tractor with a bit of turbo whistle all he time...really not my bag but some like it.

Leaving the cat dampens the tractor noise but you still get the whistle, and it's quitter at idle.  Adding a decent backbox (not just straight through) gives a better tone.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Where can i get a decent back box. Cheap. 

My plan was to delete centre muffler, with a straight through. Then add a hornet to the tail pipe. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club