Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red fiesta with black (painted) 17'' aloys

eagle_gr

Does the car look better or worse with painted rims?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should I paint the rims black?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Dont care either way!
    • I cant really decide!

Have you thought about white wheels? might go better with the red?

Dav where did you get your wheels done and how much did they cost if you don't mind me asking?

i got my wheels done at Romax and they cost £45 a wheel to be powder coated any colour you want i would not go anywhere else so so many people i know use Romax and also on just about every forum i have been on people say use Romax that is if your in the cleveland area. :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eagle_gr

• dav

• andrew43

• InstructorPiggy

definatly NO to black wheels, but if you really cant keep your hands in your pockets,the only way i can see is a thin red line on the original shiny alloys,(i wouldn't do it, but then i wouldn't paint my wheels black either) just a thought ;)

I have to agree with wee Hostess here. I'm not a fan of black wheels myself and I don't honestly think they do anything for the car except cheapen it. Sorry kids....that's just my opinion.

I'll just stick with good old silver (?) alloys methinks.

Enjoy if you do. :)

I have to agree with wee Hostess here. I'm not a fan of black wheels myself and I don't honestly think they do anything for the car except cheapen it. Sorry kids....that's just my opinion.

I'll just stick with good old silver (?) alloys methinks.

Enjoy if you do. :)

This :rolleyes:

I am thinking of painting my 17 aloys black to go along with the rest red-black car theme.

But I am not sure If it suits the car!

here is the originall pic

here I painted (ms paint) only the center of the rim smoky black (you can call it gray as well :lol: )

here the center again but black this time

as you can see I am not very good in painting thats I painted only the center of the front wheel, could you help me decide where I should do it?

Has anyone here have some photoshopping skilz to show me the possible outcome? :rolleyes:

thnx guys!!! :lol:

personaly red and black dont realy go together.. painting the alloys black might make it look out of place. but thats my opinion. i like the rear defusor though that realy makes the car look nice. i'm thinking of painting mine white.

personaly red and black dont realy go together.. painting the alloys black might make it look out of place. but thats my opinion. i like the rear defusor though that realy makes the car look nice. i'm thinking of painting mine white.

hmm.... white huh? <_<

wouldnt that make the car a little bit "tricolore"? (red,black,white) :unsure:

best luck with your decision (because it looks like mine isnt very easy to take :lol:)

I wouldn't do this myself but the mock ups do show that it could look good however as soon as you change the wheels to black the Headlights stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe if the HLs coulod be smoked as well it would look good.

Compare the 2 picture with and without black side by side and you will see what I mean. Draws your eye straight to the HLs and they look odd on the black wheeled version.

hey .. may i ask were u got the rear diffuser form?? ebay.. wud luv sumthing like that for my black titanium

lester.it ;)

I must add that the diffuser SHOULD NOT BE FITTED TO ZETEC S (sport version) fiesta 2009 due to the little "spoilers" in the back of the car (will post pic later).

that means that although lester doesnt mention this, the diffuser is ready to be installed to style\trend\titanium but not the sport version

*just wanted to clear this up cause I "wasted" more than six hours to install it :blink:

anyway, back to the point! :lol:

hmm.... white huh? <_<

wouldnt that make the car a little bit "tricolore"? (red,black,white) :unsure:

best luck with your decision (because it looks like mine isnt very easy to take :lol:)

duno. looked at white alloys, dont think it looks the part with the red. makes it look to cheep ..

i take the black and red theme back .. im somehow begining to like it. graphite alloys and red (colorado ish) outer rims should finish it off and smoked headlamps and rear lights.

Nah I wouldn't go for black alloys - personally (and no ofence this is just my opinion) I think it makes the car look cheap and like it's being driven by a chav who craves police attention (not saying YOU are like that. Just profiling (perhaps wrongly) the boy racers of my town)

Enjoy though if you decide to go for it.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of painting my 17 aloys black to go along with the rest red-black car theme.

But I am not sure If it suits the car!

here is the originall pic

here I painted (ms paint) only the center of the rim smoky black (you can call it gray as well :lol: )

here the center again but black this time

as you can see I am not very good in painting thats I painted only the center of the front wheel, could you help me decide where I should do it?

Has anyone here have some photoshopping skilz to show me the possible outcome? :rolleyes:

thnx guys!!! :lol:

i would keep the silver wheels,had black on my st500 and did not like them spend the money on some side skirts lol

I agree about the headlights. I was going to get the factory 17" wheels on my black Zetec S painted gunmetal grey, but the headlights don't look right. To pull grey/black wheels off, on a black car especially, it needs to look stealthy with dark headlights, no chrome etc.

If somebody produceded black/dark grey aftermarket projector headlights I'd snap them up, would really finish the car off imo. It's probably possible to open up the stock headlights and have the chrome bits painted but I couldn't be arsed with that tbh lol.

I was having a look on the Mountune website the other day and there was a little article about them adding the performance pack to a few US fiesta's, it looks like these have a nice black projector unit. Excuse the tiny pic!

thumb4.jpg

i think black looks good, gloss black that is here is a pic of my car :)..

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

yes i know i need some tyre gel :lol: :P

like the mountune side strip

most beautiful wheel i have ever seen (during my search for a aftermarket set of wheels)

;)

GORGOUS! But heavier bu a KG or so than the Team Dynamics!!

Would be interested in darker lights too...bearing in mind you dont get the chrome trim with he Zetec S I dont see why you can't thave the darker lights to match!

Esp on the darker colours!

:)

• 4 weeks later...
GORGOUS! But heavier bu a KG or so than the Team Dynamics!!

Would be interested in darker lights too...bearing in mind you dont get the chrome trim with he Zetec S I dont see why you can't thave the darker lights to match!

Esp on the darker colours!

:)

I regard to the headlamps, I think that the darker black trimmed lights are the lower-spec reflector halogens, the silver trimmed lights are the hi-spec projector halogens. Therefore you would need to either down-grade your headlights or mod your projectors which would invalidate warranty

Leave your wheels alone ! So shiny and beautiful with its original silvery look.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club