Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning/maintaining Red Edition

Chucky1234

Hi guys.

Pick up my new Red Edition Thursday.

My last car was an older one so always just took it to these hand car wash places, however with this one I want to really look after it and keep it looking nice all the time.

As someone who was absolutely no experience of cleaning a car, I was hoping somebody could advise me.

My questions are as follows;

1) Do I have to do anything as soon as I get the car? If so, what? Do I need to apply any products?

2) What do I have to do to maintain it on a weekly basis?

3) As above but on a monthly basis? Anything else I should be doing?

4) What things should I watch out for? Bird mess obviously, anything else? With bird mess, presumably I just clean it off as soon as I see it, is there anything to be aware of?

With regards to washing/cleaning it, what products are essential?

What's the best method to clean it? Do I need a pressure washer or am I better off with two buckets?

Apologies for being such an amateur but I am so determined to keep this car looking fresh so any/all advice is welcome! 

Thanks everyone for reading.

Hi mate. I have a red edition and mate a post about no water washing. I do that once a week as my car doesnt really ever get really dirty. It gives it a nice shine and mirror finish. Then maybe once or twice in the month normally the end of the month i do a full clean with water. I use diamond brite products purely because I paid for them. But there are plenty of others out there and theres a guy on this, ive forgotten his name now who knows alot about different products to wash and wax etc. Im sure he will comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

products matter less than how you use it

check my project thread, been lots of cleaning over the last two weeks. mines used so has plenty of swirls already, but ill not be making any more

waterless cleaning works ok if your car is clean ish. we have lots of sand in the air lately so id avoid that. works wonders after a wash though

two bucket is a bare minimum. i run a snow foam lance as a pre wash, then use a wash mitt. and dry with microfibre

• Like 1

Have a look at the in depth instructions In the detailing section & product recommendations I've made using my professional experience as a detailed caring for cars ranging from a £500 ka to a £30,000 Jaguar. The way I work it is no matter what the car is it gets the same quality of treatment using the same products & methods

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 2

Bought my Red edition Oct last year and wanted the same as I work nights and it can be weeks before I'm on a day that the weather allows me to wash the car.

I went to a professional detailer and had the paintwork treated with a foam wash / Paintwork deep cleansed and if required clayed followed by a single stage machine polish using an ultra fine gloss enhancing polish. Paintwork wiped down using Gtechniq Panel Wipe to ensure coatings form a perfect bond with your car’s paintwork. C1 Crystal lacquer applied to paintwork / Gtechniq G1 ClearVision Smart Glass on all glass & Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour on the wheels.

Not cheap £850 and 3.5 days but does exactly what they said it would and after I wash it even after a month it looks as good as the day I bought it 7 months on and I use a bucket, Microfiber Madness Incredimitt, Microfiber Madness drying towel,  along with 2 cap fulls of Gtechniq G-Wash to maintain the 5 year warranty

850 for the above?! Really?! I wouldnt even charge half of that... Wow...

The foam is part of the usual wash routine.

clay is part of any machine work/protection work

Single stage machine polish is around £130~

Panel wipe is a part of the machine polishing process..

Ultra fine gloss enhancing polish - finishing polish. So that's the single stage polish.

C1 should ideally be topped with ExoV2 for added gloss, hydrophobicity & durability

I Still can't get over that price...

Also, G-wash is just like any other shampoo.. it's just sold by gtechniq

Also, C1 has no "warranty" from gtechniq. It just lasts 3-5 years and that's the end of it

Crystal Serum is the only one to have a warranty.. even Crystal Serum Light which I've applied to my car doesn't have one.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

Another vote for detailing world

• Like 1

I had a full CQUK treatment on my car when it was about a week old and I had it removed. It did nothing for the paintwork at all. It looked very glassy etc but it lacked a certain deep gloss that had drawn me to the Red Edition in the first place. My car now has Dodo Juice Orange Crush on the paintwork for the summer and it is incredibly glossy. I did have the car corrected by a detailer though, which makes a huge difference to begin with. For the Winter I'll probably go back to some sort of sealant or ceramic coating though, just for the ease of keeping it easy to clean. 

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:25 PM, GingerFlame said:

Clay is part of any machine work/protection work

Ultra fine gloss enhancing polish - finishing polish. So that's the single stage polish.

C1 should ideally be topped with ExoV2 for added gloss, hydrophobicity & durability

Also, C1 has no "warranty" from gtechniq. It just lasts 3-5 years and that's the end of it

Crystal Serum is the only one to have a warranty.. even Crystal Serum Light which I've applied to my car doesn't have one.

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Mmmmmm................. must have got the C1 wrong as I have a 5 year Guarantee card and its registered with Gtechniq, I also have to take it back annually for inspection to maintain the warranty (at No cost)

Clay is part of any machine work/protection work

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Mmmmmm................. must have got the C1 wrong as I have a 5 year Guarantee card and its registered with Gtechniq, I also have to take it back annually for inspection to maintain the warranty (at No cost)

That would be Crystal Serum you have then, which would explain the cost

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club