Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black wing mirror caps or not?

MPX309

Ok so I drove into a lamp post last week, n booked the car in to be fixed, it's going in tomorrow, n whilst he's fixing it I've asked for him to spray my roof black.
The car's white n a lot of people have black mirror caps too, but I forgot to ask if I want that done too, not even sure if I do, so I'll ask you guys opinion?

Thanks

I think it will look good too, but also without it will look good, the grills and rear defuser are sprayed black so I think the roof will look good anyway, but just unsure weather to have the caps done too. . lol (I'm like a girl who can't decide what to wear when going out)

if you want to look like a 'limited edition' corsa

:)

nah i think im also on the fence, it could look good either way. maybe have the roof done and decide once you see it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dan P said:

I think it would look good. Check out@Maxxxykins build thread, he's just done it... http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic/79290-Third-Fiesta?-Gotta-be-an-ST-3!

Cheers Dan!

6 hours ago, MPX309 said:

Ok so I drove into a lamp post last week, n booked the car in to be fixed, it's going in tomorrow, n whilst he's fixing it I've asked for him to spray my roof black.
The car's white n a lot of people have black mirror caps too, but I forgot to ask if I want that done too, not even sure if I do, so I'll ask you guys opinion?

Thanks

I would get them wrapped, if you don't like it you can just take it off! I'm biased but it looks great on white/bright coloured cars. You could say mine is starting to look like a panda..

IMG_1188.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, supraking said:

if you want to look like a 'limited edition' corsa

:)

nah i think im also on the fence, it could look good either way. maybe have the roof done and decide once you see it?

Haha, I know what's what I'm abit worried about, but I guess I'm halfway there by wanting a black roof anyways. . . (I stood behind my car the other week n thought to myself "A black roof would look nice" . . lol. I'll see how much extra he'll do them for, if it's £30 or less I'll agree to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxxxykins said:

Cheers Dan!

I would get them wrapped, if you don't like it you can just take it off! I'm biased but it looks great on white/bright coloured cars. You could say mine is starting to look like a panda..

IMG_1188.JPG

Yeah I went to a guy for a quote for wrapping and he quoted more than I was willing to pay. . . it's only the mirrors I'm in 2 minds about. Not really too much of an issue if I don't like them. I did prefer the contrast of white caps against a dark window, but I dunno, I'll be in the car most of the time

Why don't you have a bash at doing it yourself? It's not that tricky as long as you've got a heat gun - there are lots of videos on YouTube to show to you how to do it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan P said:

Why don't you have a bash at doing it yourself? It's not that tricky as long as you've got a heat gun - there are lots of videos on YouTube to show to you how to do it.

I am getting a dent fixed to, it's just thing I do, where if I need something fixed, I get something else sprayed aswell, so it seems like I'm not just putting the car back to as it was, but adding something to it also. Anyway yeah I decided to get the black caps done, will post photos on friday. Thanks everyone

Here you go guys. I was actually a bit nervous before picking it up as I wasn't sure how it would look, (Didn't want the black to be too black lol) but I'm really pleased with it. (Just needs a wash now, in 2 days)

96khsw64.jpg

wx2k4qgt.jpg

Yeah, I think the wing mirrors was the right choice in the end, would look weird with them still white IMO. With the rest of the parts of the car black

• Like 1

Looks sweet. I'm gonna attempt wrapping my roof when I have some spare time

• Like 1

does look good, great choice :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fraserrg said:

Looks good mate. You should get the gloss black front splitter on that now and the gloss black brows :dry:

You know, I've thought about a TRC splitter so many times, Ofcourse my biggest concern is scraping it, amount of times I have parked over a curb with just enough room, and the car's not even lowered. . . It might be something I'll do for the summer, I know I won't be able to get the splitter without wanting the skirts too though. 

Car's been cleaned :wub:

b2w8mr4b.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club