Do Not Sell My Personal Information

spot the difference - engines

aholmes28191

does anyone know what the difference is between the KKDA and the KKDB  1.8TDCi engines? im looking at getting remapped and on the local agents site it shows an option for both, same before power and torque different output figures , and heres the curve ball my car is 2006 haha, i think it is KKDA but not sure

Make:
Ford
Model:
Focus II - Turbo diesel engines1.8L 085kW / 115Bhp 207lb·ft (2005 - 2006) R4 16V TDCi KKDA
  Serie stage 1 Increase
Performance (kW) 85 kW 107 kW +22 kW
Performance (Bhp) 116 Bhp 146 Bhp +30 Bhp
Torque 207 lb·ft 254 lb·ft +47 lb·ft
at rpm 2.000 rpm 2.000 rpm  
Price   on demand  

Make:
Ford
Model:
Focus II - Turbo diesel engines1.8L 085kW / 115Bhp 207lb·ft (2005 - 2011) R4 16V TDCi KKDB
  Serie stage 1 Increase
Performance (kW) 85 kW 104 kW +19 kW
Performance (Bhp) 116 Bhp 141 Bhp +25 Bhp
Torque 207 lb·ft 255 lb·ft +48 lb·ft
at rpm 2.000 rpm 2.000 rpm  
Price   on demand  

It'll say on your logbook.  I don't know what the actual differences are though.

The difference is that the compression ratio of the KKDA engine from the later car is 17:1 but the compression ratio of the KKDB engine is 18.5:1 so the 2 fuel systems are not interchangeable between the engines. The timing drive systems are different, the earlier model has a chain to drive the fuel pump and then a belt to the camshaft but the later system has a belt in oil between the crank and fuel pump then a belt to the camshaft, this means the high pressure fuel pump is different as well as a few others

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club