Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Holding Hedge up/Guarantee.

jace1969

The picture above is our front hedge,the right side is fine but the left side bends so a person came round and gave a quote to put 3 post in the middle

of the hedge ( the left side what you see on picture not the furn) dig down and concrete and attach the middle of the hedge to it like a main stumps to hold it.

At the moment if you can see with have a small fence just under 4ft high which the hedge at the moment is attached to with wire but i want the hedge not on the

fence so i can change the fence when needed,here is the problem.

I asked for a receipt on the labor/stuff he used and also a Guarantee as i ask him for the best way so he should trust his own work but he said cant Guarantee and

never said anything about the receipt so waiting for him to reply back to me,he said half a days work and they start around 9 area,say a firm its just 1 person (family run)

I have a price off him but what would you think of a average price for this work as i think the price is high as i priced the stuff up and around £50 from wicks,what would

you say he said and am i wrong asking for the above stuff.

3 posts aren't overly expensive if it's just basic 4ft fencing posts like we use for fencing around the farm.  I can understand him not wanting to guarantee though as there are to many variables in my mind, fair enough a receipt but I'd of thought you'd of got an invoice off him anyway.  As for the labour, well is he going to be pulling the hedge up or is he going to be crawling under it & I'm no professional but I think it would take him 2 days as he'd after to wait for the cement to set before putting the hedge on it wouldn't he?  Then he's got the tidying up etc so I'd say 2 days work and probably between £500-1000

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club