Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 stereo fitting help - fitting cage to dash

m1tch

Hi all,

I have got myself a double DIN headunit as well as the facia fitting kit, I am fine with removing the old unit and plugging the new one in but I am unsure how the fitting kit goes together, the stereo fits fine inside the cage however I don't know how and where its meant to attach to the dash.

I can see the plastic surrounds and how they fit which is fine but I am at a loss to see how the metal brackets and parts fit the cage to the dash, there are also 2 large sponge pads which are adhesive on each side, if I didn't know any better I could just stick those onto the sides of the head unit and use those!

Does anyone have a guide or photos as to how the cage attaches to the dash, I can't really see many mounting points inside the dash and the OEM unit locks in differently - I am also unable to reuse any of the mounting brackets from the OEM unit due to the fact that its part of the radio itself (I have checked).

The kit looks like the one below:

63022set-4.jpg

The sticker pads go on the left and right side of plastic inside the dash and the fascis front (dash colour surround in the kit) clips into place first then the cage goes through that and there are little bits of metal on the cage which you have to bend to hold it in place.

Hope that helps

3 minutes ago, blue crush said:

The sticker pads go on the left and right side of plastic inside the dash and the fascis front (dash colour surround in the kit) clips into place first then the cage goes through that and there are little bits of metal on the cage which you have to bend to hold it in place.

Hope that helps

Ah so the sponge is there to support each side and the cage is actually attached to the facia surround? What about the metal brackets etc that also come with the kit or is it a universal kit for other models?

Yeh thats what they are for i think they act like shock asorbers sort of thing and to hold cage in place. The other metal bits are proberbly for different type of car. Never used them on mine.

14 hours ago, blue crush said:

Yeh thats what they are for i think they act like shock asorbers sort of thing and to hold cage in place. The other metal bits are proberbly for different type of car. Never used them on mine.

Thanks for confirming, its a bit like when you take something apart and have spare things left over when you put it back together again - always concerning! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club