Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INTERMITENT WIPER FAULT FOCUS 1.8 TDCI 2007

Damien

Hi all, 

anybody came across there Inermitent wipers playing up? Basically when raining sometimes works ok for short period of time then stops.

all the normal wipers are working fine on other settings just this one.

anoying if there only little bit rain on window and they don't work properly 

Hi mate, no not that I am aware, I do know sometimes when drive and there working they will stop when I am in lights ect and start again when drive off.

43 minutes ago, Damien said:

Hi mate, no not that I am aware, I do know sometimes when drive and there working they will stop when I am in lights ect and start again when drive off.

Sounds like you do have the auto wipers, mine do that when I stop at lights. Check your windscreen for a sensor behind the mirror or type your reg number into fordetis and it will tell you.

My wipers are not auto-rain sensing, but I am pretty sure they also stop (if on intermittent) when I stop, then start again when I drive off. Sounds like a feature of the car.

• Like 1

Yeh has got a sensor russ not sure what issue is though

Hi Peter 

yeh I thought that too but whilst driving the intermittent don't allways function 

the windscreen can be full of water and I have to manual out the wipers on higher speed to keep them on

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Yeh has got a sensor russ not sure what issue is though

There isn't an issue, when you have the wipers on the first setting it's designed to take longer to 'sweep' when you stop. Because your not actually moving there won't be much water hitting the screen so rather than the wipers wiping 'dry' the length of time between sweeps increases until you pull away again. (At least that's my take on it)

The 'intermittent not working' will be down to how the sensor detects the raindrops hitting it and the sensitivity setting you have on the stalk. When it happens on mine I just move the stalk intermittent dial one click down and it sweeps again.

Edited by Russ
  • Like 2

Yeh I have had it on lowest sweep setting with lots water on car and won't function got to adjust the speed to get it to move then will sometimes work n not.

just wasn't sure if was intermittent fault

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club