Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance - Advise Needed ASAP

JayG90

I am due to renew my insurance tomorrow. However, the cheapest right now is £471. Seems to be now I have turned 25 I am getting punished more. Who would you guys suggest? most of them want a box installed on the car (isn't happening).

Any advise would be great. ps I have 4 years no claims also.

Just now, fraserrg said:

What company is that with? Have you tried direct line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a company called octagon but I'm thinking twice about them. They can't answer my questions on phone nor chat and seem rather rude. I am about to try them now.

• Like 1

You may want to try one of the comparison sites - money supermarket and money saving expert I think - just to get some idea of what market prices are like. If it was me I wouldn't put my exact details in (next postcode to yours or surname Smith or Brown or something just to make an irrelevant difference) at first so even if someone rejects you can say that you haven't been rejected.

• Like 2

As Bof said and seconded.

• Like 1

I did a price comparison and they were the cheapest. I tried direct line just been on phone for an hour. Actually worked out about £20 more so i accepted that. At least ill be with a known company who wanted to know me. So thank you fraserrg 

What do you think your insurance should be? £471 doesn't sound too bad for a 25 y/o with 4 yrs ncb.

What do you drive?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GMo said:

What do you think your insurance should be? £471 doesn't sound too bad for a 25 y/o with 4 yrs ncb.

What do you drive?

Ford Fiesta Zetec s 2011. I wasn't complaining at £471, I just wanted a different company as the £471 just felt like they didn't care. Either way they've just lost a sale and DirectLine have gained a customer.

• Like 1

Direct line are good from what I hear

I pay £425, driving for 6 years, 6 years NCD. Ford Focus 2010 1.6 Zetec.

I went with Hastings Direct.

On 14/06/2016 at 1:43 AM, Micro said:

I pay £425, driving for 6 years, 6 years NCD. Ford Focus 2010 1.6 Zetec.

I went with Hastings Direct.

I wish you the best of luck with them. I was with them for 3 years and had to have 2 'claims' at non fault sorted by them... a brick wall will be more helpful!

On 13/06/2016 at 6:17 PM, JayG90 said:

It's a company called octagon but I'm thinking twice about them. They can't answer my questions on phone nor chat and seem rather rude. I am about to try them now.

hi, ive been with Octagan for about 5 years now, the wife and myself on one policy me being the main driver, never had an issue with them, i changed car mid policy to a newer more expensive car with a bigger engine and they did not charge me any more, a couple of years before this they had added my wife to my policy for free as well.
And every renewal it has gone down which is a first for me.

19 hours ago, JayG90 said:

I wish you the best of luck with them. I was with them for 3 years and had to have 2 'claims' at non fault sorted by them... a brick wall will be more helpful!

I have had one non-fault claim recorded, but dealt directly with the third party insurer with regards to repair cost.

On 16/06/2016 at 5:31 PM, Figgis41 said:

hi, ive been with Octagan for about 5 years now, the wife and myself on one policy me being the main driver, never had an issue with them, i changed car mid policy to a newer more expensive car with a bigger engine and they did not charge me any more, a couple of years before this they had added my wife to my policy for free as well.
And every renewal it has gone down which is a first for me.

I sort of wish I gave them a shot. I've had my policy from Direct Line and it was wrong, name was wrong, they've given false information about driving another car which isn't owned by me and also put me down for business use. Anyway, thought no problem I have time to sort this 9doesn't kick in till 26th) and this lady answered and started to shout at me... Said carry on I'll just cancel, soon got it sorted and she decided to contradict herself a little!

See how it goes anyway.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, JayG90 said:

I am due to renew my insurance tomorrow. However, the cheapest right now is £471. Seems to be now I have turned 25 I am getting punished more. Who would you guys suggest? most of them want a box installed on the car (isn't happening).

Any advise would be great. ps I have 4 years no claims also.

wish mine was 471 iam 49 have over 10 yrs ncb been driving 30 yrs no accident drive fiesta 09 plate cheapest I can get is 886

3 hours ago, Dianne A said:

wish mine was 471 iam 49 have over 10 yrs ncb been driving 30 yrs no accident drive fiesta 09 plate cheapest I can get is 886

jesus? what's the catch here? Saying that, my mothers insurance isn't much cheaper and she been driving 20 years. Direct Line said it depends on how many cars of that sort are insured... I think she was talking rubbish but I can't complain.

19 hours ago, JayG90 said:

jesus? what's the catch here? Saying that, my mothers insurance isn't much cheaper and she been driving 20 years. Direct Line said it depends on how many cars of that sort are insured... I think she was talking rubbish but I can't complain.

I no rip off they have got you every wich way

On 18/06/2016 at 5:56 PM, JayG90 said:

I sort of wish I gave them a shot. I've had my policy from Direct Line and it was wrong, name was wrong, they've given false information about driving another car which isn't owned by me and also put me down for business use. Anyway, thought no problem I have time to sort this 9doesn't kick in till 26th) and this lady answered and started to shout at me... Said carry on I'll just cancel, soon got it sorted and she decided to contradict herself a little!

See how it goes anyway.

I would have said fine hang up,, all my calls are recorded (which they are) and your bosses are going to have a wonderful witch hunt finding who's getting sacked when i hand this over to my brother who is my solicitor. (which he is not)

Mine is due in September i think, but last years renewal was £320 fully comp 10 years NCB and wife named as driver on a 2012 tdci 1.6 115 focus titanium.

I'm 79 years old been driving for 63 years retired police driver and never had an accident.   I pay £380 fully comp 2 drivers.

46 minutes ago, Bobr said:

I'm 79 years old been driving for 63 years retired police driver and never had an accident.   I pay £380 fully comp 2 drivers.

I think reading this, £471 was a great price. But right now I have decided to accept Direct Lines offer of £530 I think it was. Seems like premiums never come down :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club