Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just bought a fiesta eco boost 100

pompeydave1967

Evening all , well after 20 years owning vauxhalls I,m back with ford and to be honest I can't wait. Picking up a fiesta 64 plate  eco boost 100 Zetec at the weekend. Trading in my Astra 1.4 turbo , downsizing and no need for Astra anymore. Also the amount of problems I've had rattles,thumps,replacement parts etc etc plans for car are bluefin , pedal box , k&n , larger wheels , tints etc.

I don't think you'll regret it.   I've got one and you couldn't prize it off me.

Lovely vehicle the Fiesta had them for years was able to purchase a new one 3 years ago and have just ordered a new one for delivery end of July.

Just Fantastic !!!!

Yeah really looking to getting it on Saturday.its in frozen white 5 door , looking for slightly bigger wheels plus a body kit.

have had corsa,s , Astra,s for quite a few years but after a test drive in the fiesta it feels so much more modern and the handling is superb.

What is the benefit of a pedal box? 
Doesn't it in increase the acceleration response? 

Oh and you will not be disappointed with the Ecoboost, love mine!

Hi bennaz , yes pedal box makes the response so much better.the car feels a lot faster on acceleration etc.

i had it on my Astra and corsa and makes a huge difference .the Vauxhall response is poor from factory spec.but it won't fit the fiesta so off to dtuk for a new one.

That sounds interesting :cool:

How does it work? Does it cut turbo lag? 

I had a look at a few youtube vids and it has a control for the pedal box, Sport+, Sport and City?

Have a look on the facebook pages for the body kit. People are always selling bumpers and spoilers etc. Are you going for the 17" upgraded wheels?

hi bennaz , yeah imagine having full throttle when you put your foot down about a third accelerator. , also very responsive when you touch pedal.

fuel consumption not affected at all...crazy but it does actually work.

tom , prob sticking with 16" wheels , will look at pages..thanks for the info.

Picked my Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost up today and it's amazing. It's great to drive and has plenty of power.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The1nonly1 said:

Picked my Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost up today and it's amazing. It's great to drive and has plenty of power.

thats good to hear , i cant wait until saturday morning. Then can start modding it.

1 hour ago, pompeydave1967 said:

hi bennaz , yeah imagine having full throttle when you put your foot down about a third accelerator. , also very responsive when you touch pedal.

fuel consumption not affected at all...crazy but it does actually work.

tom , prob sticking with 16" wheels , will look at pages..thanks for the info.

That is clever, once you put it onto your Ecoboost then let me know how it differs! 

I am interested to see how much difference it'll make.

It sounds pretty impressive! 

Generally (always got a Friday afternoon bad apple with any make of car) the fiesta build quality is excellent value, solid cars with a decent quality interior too (not too much cheap tacky plastic).

compared to anything else ive owned the fiesta is like a rolls royce :)

• Like 1

Sorry but don't the pedal boxes just adjust the pedal movement to throttle percentage "graph" so that where you would usually have dips it pushes the throttle higher?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

8 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Sorry but don't the pedal boxes just adjust the pedal movement to throttle percentage "graph" so that where you would usually have dips it pushes the throttle higher?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

yeah its a weird feeling , throttle response is so much better , on my astra i had a lazy throttle response , put it onto green (eco) mode and car suddenly comes alive , more revier and a much better drive.if you choose sport it sharpens response even more while sport + is just manic - feather touch throttle response , not to all tastes but car responds like like a different vehicle. i had a DTUK FSR tuning box on my 1.4t astra as well but i would choose the pedalbox 1st everytime. i.ll see what the fiesta drives like before i part with £150 ! as typically the connections are different from vauxhall to ford . 

I'd go for a blufin remap taking your car to 125 or higher instead personally so instead of just feeling fast it actually is fast..

Either way it's going to be a call to the insurance company to tell them anyway..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

yeah i think the bluefin is the way to go 1st. one positive to getting old is lower insurance lol

but yes safer to declare it.

well picked car up saturday and can honestly say what a cracking car it is.coming from a 160hp+ astra i am pleasantly surprised how the car performs.

cant believe is only a 1ltr , superb mpg figures as well.also very well built compared to the corsa,s + astra"s.

i have around £1000 to spend on mods etc so remap , k+n , upgraded wheels , window tinting etc should eat most of that.

I had 3 corsa's and other vauxhalls and i drove my fiesta twice when it was for sale and i just love how it sticks to the road.

Mine aint the eco-boost its the 1.6 Titanium 2011 and loads of more toys added and MPG is way better than my old corsa 1.4.

Mine is in for service soon and guess what,i have a new corsa as a courtesy car,mmmmmm never driven one so lets see.

On 20/06/2016 at 8:11 AM, pompeydave1967 said:

well picked car up saturday and can honestly say what a cracking car it is.coming from a 160hp+ astra i am pleasantly surprised how the car performs.

cant believe is only a 1ltr , superb mpg figures as well.also very well built compared to the corsa,s + astra"s.

i have around £1000 to spend on mods etc so remap , k+n , upgraded wheels , window tinting etc should eat most of that.

Be careful with your window tinting.   The police object to front windows being too dark and have an instrument to check that the are legal.

yeah thanks bobr , will make sure only semi tinted to avoid any hassle.also rear doors only + tailgate.

26 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I had 3 corsa's and other vauxhalls and i drove my fiesta twice when it was for sale and i just love how it sticks to the road.

Mine aint the eco-boost its the 1.6 Titanium 2011 and loads of more toys added and MPG is way better than my old corsa 1.4.

Mine is in for service soon and guess what,i have a new corsa as a courtesy car,mmmmmm never driven one so lets see.

oh dear its prob going to be  1.2 or something...so slow to drive.if its the new 1.0t then much much better.

The new corsas are appalling. Honestly, do us a favour and leave the handbrake off at the top of a hill 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

The new corsas are appalling. Honestly, do us a favour and leave the handbrake off at the top of a hill 👍

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

agree lol , couple of faster ones available now black/red edition with 150bhp and of course the manic VXR. the 1.0t is also good but agree the rest of the range (N/A engines) poor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club