Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New tyres

Patrico777

Hi

Just failed MOT because of tyres so I got myself new 205/40/17 contitouringcontact eco plus does any no anything about those tyres I no Continental is good brand I got all 4 new for £200

image.jpeg

£50 each sounds good for Continentals, I haven't tried that particular 'model' of them though.

I need one (should get two I guess!) in that size for mine due to a slow puncture (just pump it up every other day atm) but seems to be a pretty expensive size which is putting me off, don't want budgets if I can help it!

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

£50 each sounds good for Continentals, I haven't tried that particular 'model' of them though.

I need one (should get two I guess!) in that size for mine due to a slow puncture (just pump it up every other day atm) but seems to be a pretty expensive size which is putting me off, don't want budgets if I can help it!

Yeah other places were asking £50 for budget tyre and continentals in kwik fit or als where 80-90£ the drive is much much different love it specially now when it was raining they top quality ! 

Never heard of that type of Continental, and only the Sport Contact 5 is listed under size 205/40/17.. where did you buy them from?

Got them from one tyre garage and you no what he seem to be bit different that guy 

Bit of an odd tyre, and I'm not sure it's normally sold in the UK. It's not on the Continental webpage and doesn't make this list: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/

From the pic, it's an "all season" tyre and comes with a Mud and Snow rating (M&S), so at least should be ok when it rains and if it gets colder!

19 minutes ago, dfriel2 said:

Bit of an odd tyre, and I'm not sure it's normally sold in the UK. It's not on the Continental webpage and doesn't make this list: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Continental/

From the pic, it's an "all season" tyre and comes with a Mud and Snow rating (M&S), so at least should be ok when it rains and if it gets colder!

Should I go back to that garage them ??? Change them ???

Proper tyres are usually one of the best suspension/handling upgrades you can get on the car.

Are those good tyres or should I go back to that garage what you guys think

Never heard of those Continentals! £200 for 4 (inc fitting/tyre disposal etc I assume) if it sounds to good then it usually is etc... I renewed all four at the same time with Hankook ventus v2 (205/40r17) for around £65 per corner and have rotated them to get even wear and they are wearing very well (possibly better than the conti contact 5 that were fitted from new, I do a lot of miles, they are quiet and the grip seems good too. I think Continentals are around £85 per corner. No idea where yours have come from possible cheap imports, get a tyre man that knows his stuff to give them a once over.

3 hours ago, dave_k said:

Never heard of those Continentals! £200 for 4 (inc fitting/tyre disposal etc I assume) if it sounds to good then it usually is etc... I renewed all four at the same time with Hankook ventus v2 (205/40r17) for around £65 per corner and have rotated them to get even wear and they are wearing very well (possibly better than the conti contact 5 that were fitted from new, I do a lot of miles, they are quiet and the grip seems good too. I think Continentals are around £85 per corner. No idea where yours have come from possible cheap imports, get a tyre man that knows his stuff to give them a once over.

I already did men from other tyre garage said they all season good price he said then other guy said they might be old stored somewhere that why cheaper but qhat its rubber does not matter if they 6 months old or 1 year not sure where to check date when made

7 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

I already did men from other tyre garage said they all season good price he said then other guy said they might be old stored somewhere that why cheaper but qhat its rubber does not matter if they 6 months old or 1 year not sure where to check date when made

I believe improper storage affects the compounds (hardening and losing properties etc) so could be what your saying that he purchased them cheaply, maybe you did just get a good deal (surplus or clear-out stock etc). Just the fact that the particular tyre model is not available over here generally which raises alarm. Think the month and year of manufacture should be printed on the sidewall. Just keep a keen eye on how they wear, assuming your tracking and pressures etc are all ok.

8 hours ago, dave_k said:

I believe improper storage affects the compounds (hardening and losing properties etc) so could be what your saying that he purchased them cheaply, maybe you did just get a good deal (surplus or clear-out stock etc). Just the fact that the particular tyre model is not available over here generally which raises alarm. Think the month and year of manufacture should be printed on the sidewall. Just keep a keen eye on how they wear, assuming your tracking and pressures etc are all ok.

Yeah I will need to keep an eye on that as that guy semmed bit cheeky

he took the tyres off from new alloys wheels the tyres had the stickers on so they are new but he took them off alloys wheel as he sells new alloys etc

If you Google the info it comes back as either North America or Canada.

25 minutes ago, karl46 said:

If you Google the info it comes back as either North America or Canada.

Maybe he got it from somewhere als but Maybe I should stop worring its Continental and got it for good price no ?

I have Continental 'Sport Contact 2' on my front and back and they stick like glue. Do wear down fairly quick, and especially the front being FWD. But not awful and also quite expensive at around £80 each. But no problems with Continental and would recommend!

24 minutes ago, Bennaz said:

I have Continental 'Sport Contact 2' on my front and back and they stick like glue. Do wear down fairly quick, and especially the front being FWD. But not awful and also quite expensive at around £80 each. But no problems with Continental and would recommend!

I have ContiPremiumContact 2 on mine and they are some of the best tyres I've had, can only imagine that the sport ones must be like driving on rails! But another +1 for Continental. (Ignoring the fact one of my Tyres is a Pirelli P1 Cinturato Verde due to a puncture)

On 15/06/2016 at 0:30 PM, Patrico777 said:

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/contitouringcontact-ctchcvcw95-p19560r15-87s

people seem to love this tyres well made and long lasting check reviews

I'm sure they're fine, the only thing I would check is when they were manufactured, old rubber isn't the best:

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age

37 minutes ago, jtalep said:

I'm sure they're fine, the only thing I would check is when they were manufactured, old rubber isn't the best:

https://www.kwik-fit.com/tyres/information/tyre-age

I will check tomorrow so no more than 5 years old As I read quickly 

1 hour ago, Pullock said:

I have ContiPremiumContact 2 on mine and they are some of the best tyres I've had, can only imagine that the sport ones must be like driving on rails! But another +1 for Continental. (Ignoring the fact one of my Tyres is a Pirelli P1 Cinturato Verde due to a puncture)

They are! 

Pirelli's are a touchy topic, great tyres but are shown in the price. Must of been gutted with a puncture! 

I heard that Falken tyres are meant to be good value for money

19 minutes ago, Bennaz said:

They are! 

Pirelli's are a touchy topic, great tyres but are shown in the price. Must of been gutted with a puncture! 

I heard that Falken tyres are meant to be good value for money

Well due to circumstances I had it changed for nothing so I can't really complain plus will be changing car in December anyway but if I were to keep it long term it would certainly be replaced with another Conti.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club