Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clusters

mrmetallica

ive just bought some clocks from breakers.i pluged them in and they are 16000 miles more then my clocks.i had an idea .

would it work if i set the mileage on the clocks so they turn over and go back to zero then i could set them to my clocks is that possible and what mileage do they turn over to zero ?

I would assume 999,999 is the max - but it can't be that easy to clock them surely!? :laugh: 

• Like 2

haha, it might be you know, it will do one of two things, break and stop working, or reset back to 0.

Simplistic ideas lol, I'm tempted to go find a cluster just to try that now! 

I suppose it could carry on without the first or last digit being displayed,

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I would assume 999,999 is the max - but it can't be that easy to clock them surely!? :laugh: 

surely they must roll over some time and go to zero

Ive got a spare cluster. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

surely they must roll over some time and go to zero

Yeah I meant 999999 is the max before they'd roll back to 0, but I just can't see it being that easy!!

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Yeah I meant 999999 is the max before they'd roll back to 0, but I just can't see it being that easy!!

ill give it a go and report back.just dont want to add 16000 mile to my car

Just looked on the Forscan site, most reports there say you can only increase the mileage, as you suggest.

To reduce hassle, I would bump up my mileage by a round figure (say 100,000), then make a note on my MoT document, and keep all the MoTs. It would not bother me, and if I wanted to sell the car, it should be obvious from the docs what happened.

The roll-around trick is interesting, but the Ford programmers may have thought of that one & dealt with it in some (unpleasantsad.png) way!

3 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Just looked on the Forscan site, most reports there say you can only increase the mileage, as you suggest.

To reduce hassle, I would bump up my mileage by a round figure (say 100,000), then make a note on my MoT document, and keep all the MoTs. It would not bother me, and if I wanted to sell the car, it should be obvious from the docs what happened.

The roll-aroud trick is interesting, but the Ford programmers may have thought of that one & dealt with it in some (unpleasantsad.png) way!

my cars only done 40.000 so 100.000 would be even worse

• Like 1

the point is, if you increase it to 999,999, it might then tick over back to 0, you can then change it up to the correct millage, at no point did you then change it down the way, it does seem a little too easy tho, but at the very least it would be interesting to find out :)

I can confirm that this does not work. After the mileage is set to 999999 Miles and the car is driven another Mile the mileage does not go to zero.

I tried this a few years ago with an accident damaged instrument cluster.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

mileage is set to 999999 Miles and the car is driven another Mile the mileage does not go to zero.

I did suspect the Ford bods would do something unpleasant. Was just too obvious.

So if it gets to all 9s, then it is basically trash! sad.png Wonder if that is the case on all ICs. But I will not be trying it on mine:laugh:, at least not until it is ready for the trash bin anyway.

Has anyone approached a million miles? I seem to remember hearing about an old Rolls Royce that was getting up there somewhere, but then that is engineering in another class!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JW1982 said:

I can confirm that this does not work. After the mileage is set to 999999 Miles and the car is driven another Mile the mileage does not go to zero.

I tried this a few years ago with an accident damaged instrument cluster.

would did you change the mileage with ?

I used the ELMconfig program to change the mileage (upwards) on my Focus MK2.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club