Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 washer jets faulty?

Dave1981

Hi just quick question regarding my 2010 mk 2.5. Both front washer jets seem to be faulty. I'll use them and they work fine but then after as I drive I can see small amounts of screen wash continue to dribble out of them n down the front of the bonnet which makes a mess of how it looks. They aren't leaking from the join under the bonnet it's from the outlet of the jets. 

Is it just the pressure of the system or cud they be faulty. 

I've got the heated windscreen and have been told by my dealer cause of this they are different jets to other models.

They'll be the mist type most probably.

They do dribble a bit unfortunately.

It has been suggested that adding a small lip of Sugru to the bottom of the casing below the nozzle can form a slight dam against fluid draining off.

Sent from my SM-G930F

They aren't mist type. When I use them it's 2 distinct jets that come out. Cud just be worn I suppose.. 

its normal thetes nothing to stop the little bit of fluid from running out its the same in winter when the heated jets come on annoying and a mess I know but nothing seems to fix it not even non return valves on the tubing strangely on my Kia the mist style jets are housed in the scuttle panel itself

• Like 2

the Non return valves do help but they always dribble a bit, I think some sort of pressure valve might be better if it even exists, I think as the pump cycles down the drop in pressure is the reason it dribbles, if you could somehow cut the flow on low pressure it might help, or just clean up after them when they have a wee accident  ;)

Shame Ford still fit the nozzles in the bonnet when so many companies use the scuttle panel now.

Ruins the lines of the bonnet and of course the nasty nozzle drips.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

especially as the Kia was based on the focus chassis to start with and Kia were taught at ford with them in the scuttle the angle they sit at makes dribbles almost impossible if the did they wouldn't go near the bonnet

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club